PCG article links and discussions for February 2024

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
i doubt they change colors every year. One way to confuse their fans... they wouldn't know who is who. I assume you mean they alter the uniforms a little or spray car a different way. Some teams are recognized by their colors... I don't see Ferrari changing anytime soon.

That be fun at Olympics, which country is which again?

Last edited:
Suicide Squad is the Sacred 3 of Arkham series, written by a completely different team to last games, and only associated with the other Studio/Games in name only. The people who made this have no idea about the source material and don't care. Hence the way they dispose of the Justice League. No review copies for anyone, meant it was an intentional trap for anyone who pre ordered as they wouldn't have any idea what it was like.

I wonder how many old studios people grew up buying games from are full of new staff who had nothing to do with previous games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Honestly, it sounds to me like the Xbox console is going away. As for precisely what that would mean for PC, I couldn't tell you, but I'm guessing that eventually Game Pass for Playstation will be a thing, that all Microsoft games would come to Game Pass, PC and Playstation, and Microsoft would likely stop funding games made by developers they don't own. Playstation would then pick up all the Xbox customers and be about the same size as PC in terms of game sales.

Suicide Squad is the Sacred 3 of Arkham series, written by a completely different team to last games, and only associated with the other Studio/Games in name only. The people who made this have no idea about the source material and don't care. Hence the way they dispose of the Justice League. No review copies for anyone, meant it was an intentional trap for anyone who pre ordered as they wouldn't have any idea what it was like.

I wonder how many old studios people grew up buying games from are full of new staff who had nothing to do with previous games.
Seems like it's a good game, though. User reviews are at 84 percent positive, which is not bad for a standard AAA game.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Seems like it's a good game, though. User reviews are at 84 percent positive, which is not bad for a standard AAA game.
Where did you get the score from?

Steam reviews are being deleted, there are less there today than yesterday.

So I know you don't watch videos but the videos I have watched paint a different story. The game is very repetitive, and has long stretches of time where you can't do anything except watch an ingame cut scene.

Some people are comparing it to Palword's success and well, thats unfair. Palworld has max cap of 2.1 million players, This game is lucky to get 20k online.

Where did you get the score from?

Steam reviews are being deleted, there are less there today than yesterday.
Sorry, but that's not accurate. Valve doesn't delete reviews unless they contain malicious links or hate speech, and the developers/publishers have no way to delete reviews. There is a small possibility that the anti-review bombing software isn't counting some reviews depending on your personal settings, which you have the option to change. One thing I can pretty much say with absolute certainty is that Valve isn't just deleting a bunch of negative reviews.

What's probably happening, if anything, is some bug with the review counts. This happened to Ark not that long ago.

sounds to me like the Xbox console is going away

Interesting, sooner than I expected. I assume this means they see the shift to cloud gaming happening a lot more quickly than it looks [to me anyway].

Anyone got a handle on when handheld or mobile hardware will be strong enough to play big games well? That's when all the big hardware goes away.

Interesting, sooner than I expected. I assume this means they see the shift to cloud gaming happening a lot more quickly than it looks [to me anyway].

Anyone got a handle on when handheld or mobile hardware will be strong enough to play big games well? That's when all the big hardware goes away.
Sense you can already stream Steam games to your phone, if it's cloud gaming, I'd guess mobile hardware is ready now, but don't you think they'd stream games to the television like PSNow? That's where console gamers want to play.

But, also, the Steam Deck can play Cyberpunk 2077, so I think that handhelds are already there, too.

Based on your post, I might guess that PC will be the only place you can buy games soon.

if it does they will all copy how mobile games are now

Check out the "End-of-history illusion".

imagine playing Civ on a mobile screen... its not going all mobile anytime soon

It is unlikely the receiver hardware will remain coupled to the display hardware—apart from truly mobile devices like phones w screens for nature walks and similar unplugged adventures. You will receive to small device, and pick other devices to output to.

don't you think they'd stream games to the television

Yes, and other ubiquitous large and powerful output devices—audio, video, VR, haptic, AR etc—which can be both private and public once WiFi can handle the load, which should be 6G if 5G isn't enough.

I expect the possibilities of IoT will be a lot more than we can imagine just yet.

i was going to report an error with the images in this until I realised it was intentional

Who is Disney stealing money off to afford investing in another company? They should fix themselves first... maybe Elon will.

My guess is that they're going to do something similar to LEGO Fortnite, but probably more in the direction of Disney Dreamlight Valley instead of a survival game.

My guess is that they're going to do something similar to LEGO Fortnite, but probably more in the direction of Disney Dreamlight Valley instead of a survival game.
For $1.5 billion in investment, I'm guessing we're going to get the whole Disney portfolio from Mickey Mouse to Luke Skywalker to Spiderman.

By "we" I mean people who are interested in half-arsed games in the Fortnite metaverse, so not me.

BLAST FROM THE PAST:

I was thinking about AI, and I suddenly remembered this article from 4 years ago. It's a funny article, but it also shows how far AI has come in 4 years, from crude genitals to art too good to identify as the work of AI.

• Haha
Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts