September 2024 General Game Discussion Thread

Page 10 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I played some more Minecraft today. I've explored a bunch more of the underground tunnels I found last time, but there's still more to go. They have a monster spawner every dozen blocks it feels like, so it takes a while to get through them. Though a large part is also just the sheer amount of loot I find, which means I have to run back to my house to dump everything I've found.

At one point I managed to accidentally fall into a pit filled with about a dozen mobs and immediately died. When I went back to get my stuff, I immediately fell into it again. Luckily for me the mobs had despawned when I died, so I was able to just grab my stuff and continue.

I now have two backpacks which I've just upgraded to double their size and I created another storage container that's fairly small, but can hold multiple stacks per slot. Hopefully next time I'll be able to clear the tunnels without running out of inventory space.

I was missing options on my chests to sort the items inside of them and to quickly deposit from my inventory to a chest, which are usually added by a mod in most modpacks, but I found out I just need to craft some upgrades to unlock these options. Which is a bit tedious, but not too bad.

On the other hand, this modpack includes a mod that allows you to mine an entire vein of ore at once, without having to craft anything specific, which saves a ton of time. And it's not just ore, you can destroy any chunk of the same type of block at once, so it works great for chopping down trees as well. I think you can even set a shape to mine out, so you can mine out hallways much faster for example.

AOE2:DE i've done it! All the SP campaigns finished (excluding the recent DLC). Now time to play the scenarios and i'm done with it!

still messing around with Doom Ultimate builder. Learnt a few things here and there, but i need to go back and practice making doors. I can make doors open but not open from the back and i need to go back and practie/find out why.

Still need to play around with 3d floors so we can have room over room designs and some height/depth to buildings. or make floating bridges etc. Ramps are easy peasy. But i want to play around with that so that i can create bevelled edges. once i have a few more tools under my belt, we'll practice designing some rooms utilizing them all and see what happens. Nothing too exciting, it will be a straight line for the most part incorporating doors, stairs, various high elevations and teleports. So if i can't do room over room, i can make a mock one like in lost civlizations wad.

I cleared Ascension 4 for all 4 characters in Slay the Spire. I still feel like luck plays a major role in whether I win or not. For example, the relic that reduces another card's cost to 0 when you play a power card is so much better than most other relics, but it's pure luck whether you'll get it or not.

Which probably means I'm still doing something wrong, but at least it's gotten me this far.

10 years ago a SW game would rocketed off shelves. Too bad its not as popular anymore.
Jedi: Fallen Order came out just under 5 years ago and reportedly sold 10 million copies in its first year. I don’t think it’s necessarily Star Wars that people are tired of (they absolutely are though), I think in this case it’s more about people tired of the same old formulaic approach to games Ubisoft uses in nearly every single one of their games. I haven’t played Outlaws yet so this is just pure speculation, but it looks just like the same Far Cry/AC formula with some extra mo-cap and a bit more effort into the storytelling. The core of the game just seems like AC Odyssey in so many ways it’s kind of funny. I need to play it to give it a full proper opinion but I think it’s boils down to people tired of Ubisoft games.

Humble choice is up! so what do we think of the games on offer? some interesting items, certainly everything i would play but nothing that screams must have though.
I haven’t resubbed in over a year but I still like to check out the games on offer to see if it’s worth subscribing again. Unfortunately this month is full of duds again for me. The games that are interesting, Remnant 2 and Jusant, are both on Game Pass which I currently have active. Never been a fan of Persona games, nor train management. Hopefully you find something worth playing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts