Question Need help with my first gaming build 1080p 60 fps

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
I'm afraid I'm pretty clueless on how to go about this and will need help filling the blanks.

Budget: 700$ including monitor

Location: India (for eg. a Zotac GTX 1650 Super Twin costs about 200$ converted)

Requirements: I want to play a game like Doom Eternal @ 1080p 60 fps high settings. 512 GB storage should suffice.

Non-requirements: looks, quiet fans, form factor, power consumption (not bothered about these)

What I could come up with:

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super (I think this is high VFM, wanted to build around it)

CPU - genuinely cannot decide

Motherboard - I don't think I can finalise this without CPU

Storage - Intel SSD 660p 512 GB

RAM - 16 GB DDR4 (speed = ?)

PSU = ??

Cabinet = ??

Monitor = ??

I'm sorry I don't have most of my build here, I didn't want to throw in random parts without any knowledge. I'm thinking of a 60 fps 1080p monitor since that's what I'll be running my games at.

Hi and welcome!

You will need Windows 10 but the license key is impossible to include within your budget. I suggest you download it from somewhere and use it unactivated until you can afford one. It will apparently bug you to buy a key but otherwise be usable.

Its hard to fit a good build inside your budget with a monitor. However I managed to get close, and this has a decent processor and 16GB RAM as well as the GTX 1650 you requested, albeit it not the Zotac you stated in OP.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (₹11990.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME A520M-K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (₹5529.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory (₹5399.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Crucial BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹4392.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB Twin X2 OC Video Card (₹12999.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case (₹3451.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair VS 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (₹3575.00 @ Amazon India)
Monitor: Dell E2216H 21.5" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor (₹6736.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹54071.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-18 00:32 IST+0530

The SSD is a budget model, but for game load times there is little difference between the fastest PCI-E 4 NVME models and a basic SATA one as here.

It is very likely that GPU and CPU pricing is affected by the current stock shortages, so prices may come down at some point. However at least on the Nvidia side they have said things will be difficult throught the first half of the year to come supply wise.

Feel free to ask any questions, but here is a start :)

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi and welcome!

You will need Windows 10 but the license key is impossible to include within your budget. I suggest you download it from somewhere and use it unactivated until you can afford one. It will apparently bug you to buy a key but otherwise be usable.

Its hard to fit a good build inside your budget with a monitor. However I managed to get close, and this has a decent processor and 16GB RAM as well as the GTX 1650 you requested, albeit it not the Zotac you stated in OP.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (₹11990.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME A520M-K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (₹5529.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory (₹5399.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Crucial BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹4392.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB Twin X2 OC Video Card (₹12999.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case (₹3451.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair VS 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (₹3575.00 @ Amazon India)
Monitor: Dell E2216H 21.5" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor (₹6736.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹54071.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-18 00:32 IST+0530

The SSD is a budget model, but for game load times there is little difference between the fastest PCI-E 4 NVME models and a basic SATA one as here.

It is very likely that GPU and CPU pricing is affected by the current stock shortages, so prices may come down at some point. However at least on the Nvidia side they have said things will be difficult throught the first half of the year to come supply wise.

Feel free to ask any questions, but here is a start :)

Hi, and first of all, thanks for going through Amazon India to find the right parts for me :) You actually used the Rupee symbol, even in India everyone's too lazy for that XD

Here are some alternate parts I was recommended, do you think this might be better VFM?

CPU: i3 10100F (Rs. 8750)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M (Rs. 9352)

This combination ends up becoming slightly more expensive than yours, is it worth it? (I honestly have no clue myself)

Glad to hear I can get away with a cheaper SSD. I'm not bothered about the GPU OEM, but I've read that the extra Rs. 2000-3000 for the 1650 Super is really worth it, what do you think? It's sold out on this site, but the specs are here.

Case: Zebronics Zeb-Mars (Rs. 2249)

This is a well-known cheap Indian electronics brand, do you think I can get away with cutting costs here?

PSU: Gigabyte GP-P450B (Rs. 2940)

Cheaper PSU, but still 80 Plus Bronze, will it do?

I forgot to mention that I'll need WiFi as well (don't include it in the budget), what's the best way to do that? I'm not sure if the A520M supports it.

That's Ok, I have my ways :p

Here's my secret : Go to system builder and select India from the top right drop down menu. ;)

Almost all of my choices here have been dictated by cost, I believed your budget to actually be around 52000 rupees, so to answer your questions.

- The I3 might be slightly faster overall, especially when using RAM slower than the officially supported 3200 RAM on the Ryzen 3100. The B460 Gigabyte motherboard also looks to be of better quality then the Asus A520 too. I'd prefer the Intel combo in this context, but as I said I was focused on price.

- I know nothing about Zebronics, you would have to check whether everything physically fits in the case. So PSU size, graphics card length. Otherwise cases are a matter of personal choice for looks, although airflow is a consideration. As long as everything fits you'll probably be fine.

- At this level of budget, I selected a cheap PSU from a manufacturer who I know to have decent warranty service. There are no good reviews available for either the Gigabyte or Corsair VS. FWIW LinusTT forums has a PSU tier list where the Gigabyte is listed as a fire hazard (Tier E potentially dangerous). This list does seem to be largely guesswork at times, as there are no good reviews for a lot of the models listed. 80Plus is a matter of the efficiency of the PSU, not necessarily a measure of the quality of the power it provides.

- For Wifi just pick up a wireless card or usb dongle to suit your router depending on how much you can spend there and whether its wifi 4/5/6 (used to be 802.11 n,ac,ax). Although a wired connection is much more preferable if you want to game online. Check some reviews for whetever you pick to make sure it works O.K, there are a million available, in this context customer reviews would be an O.K measure. A PCIE X1 wifi card will fit straight into that slot on whatever motherboard you choose.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
That's Ok, I have my ways :p

Here's my secret : Go to system builder and select India from the top right drop down menu. ;)

Almost all of my choices here have been dictated by cost, I believed your budget to actually be around 52000 rupees, so to answer your questions.

- The I3 might be slightly faster overall, especially when using RAM slower than the officially supported 3200 RAM on the Ryzen 3100. The B460 Gigabyte motherboard also looks to be of better quality then the Asus A520 too. I'd prefer the Intel combo in this context, but as I said I was focused on price.

- I know nothing about Zebronics, you would have to check whether everything physically fits in the case. So PSU size, graphics card length. Otherwise cases are a matter of personal choice for looks, although airflow is a consideration. As long as everything fits you'll probably be fine.

- At this level of budget, I selected a cheap PSU from a manufacturer who I know to have decent warranty service. There are no good reviews available for either the Gigabyte or Corsair VS. FWIW LinusTT forums has a PSU tier list where the Gigabyte is listed as a fire hazard (Tier E potentially dangerous). This list does seem to be largely guesswork at times, as there are no good reviews for a lot of the models listed. 80Plus is a matter of the efficiency of the PSU, not necessarily a measure of the quality of the power it provides.

- For Wifi just pick up a wireless card or usb dongle to suit your router depending on how much you can spend there and whether its wifi 4/5/6 (used to be 802.11 n,ac,ax). Although a wired connection is much more preferable if you want to game online. Check some reviews for whetever you pick to make sure it works O.K, there are a million available, in this context customer reviews would be an O.K measure. A PCIE X1 wifi card will fit straight into that slot on whatever motherboard you choose.

Makes sense, so what do you think about getting 3200 RAM (Rs. 6350) with the AMD combo? Since I don't really need a great motherboard as long as it has an extra PCI-e for the WiFi card.

EDIT: I found an interesting deal combining the Corsair Carbide with a CV650 PSU for Rs. 7200, is this worth it (earlier combined price was Rs. 7026)?

Last edited:
Makes sense, so what do you think about getting 3200 RAM (Rs. 6350) with the AMD combo? Since I don't really need a great motherboard as long as it has an extra PCI-e for the WiFi card.

EDIT: I found an interesting deal combining the Corsair Carbide with a CV650 PSU for Rs. 7200, is this worth it (earlier combined price was Rs. 7026)?

The Corsair CV 650 is a step up from the VS 550 so IMO yes that would be worth it for that alone. The case is also a step up from the Zebronics as a cherry on top.

For the CPU/motherboard, I really think for gaming you would not be able to tell the difference between the I3+B460 board vs the Ryzen 3100/A520 with 3200 RAM side by side so its really up to you.

Please bear in mind I picked the Asus A520M-K because it was the cheapest available in Partpicker and I was already over what I thought was the budget. Given a choice I would spend a little more to get something more durable.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
The Corsair CV 650 is a step up from the VS 550 so IMO yes that would be worth it for that alone. The case is also a step up from the Zebronics as a cherry on top.

For the CPU/motherboard, I really think for gaming you would not be able to tell the difference between the I3+B460 board vs the Ryzen 3100/A520 with 3200 RAM side by side so its really up to you.

Please bear in mind I picked the Asus A520M-K because it was the cheapest available in Partpicker and I was already over what I thought was the budget. Given a choice I would spend a little more to get something more durable.

Great, I think we're more or less done with the build then. Just in case I get a good deal, what is the next-best motherboard you'd recommend for the Ryzen?

I'm from India also, and I found the Galax 2060 6GB card back in August 2020 for 24k (around $330 US). I was assuming it would be even cheaper now since 3060 is also available now on Amazon India.

It might be the current stock shortages, it's inflated prices in many places for all cards even the ones that were available long before the new releases. Blame crypto currency miners, Christmas, Cyberpunk 2077 or the chip foundries or flash memory factories for lacking the capacity to produce enough chips. Possibly all of the above and other things probably too!

Great, I think we're more or less done with the build then. Just in case I get a good deal, what is the next-best motherboard you'd recommend for the Ryzen?

It really depends how much you can spend. For quite a bit more money the MSI B450 Tomahawk is a very good option but it costs a lot more. From Partpicker it looks like you'd have to spend twice as much to get something significantly better, like the Asus TUF Gaming A520M Plus.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
I know this might be a bit of a bummer, but I just found a pre-made PC with better specs for cheaper by Lenovo. I think like @Kaamos_Llama mentioned, with the price spikes and all these might be a better option. Comes with Windows 10, peripherals and a month of Xbox Game Pass, just need a monitor and WiFi adapter.

It only comes with 1x8 3200 at the moment, but I thought I could just upgrade that later. I'm worried about the lack of details on PSU and motherboard.

I'm torn guys, what would you do in my position?

@xtrgamer123

Well its perfectly sensible to consider the prebuilt given the state of the market. Do you know what model it is exactly and what exactly the specs are?

As its a Lenovo at least it has the brand behind it so the warrantly should be O.K even if the motherboard and PSU are proprietary and you can't change them out later as desired.

From a personal point of view I'll always build one even if I have to wait for pricing to be sensible, but I just like playing with hardware and I fairly frequently change parts in and out, so Im an edge case compared to a lot of people.

If you just want to play games ASAP without fuss and the prebuilt is cheaper and faster, why not. :)

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
@xtrgamer123

Well its perfectly sensible to consider the prebuilt given the state of the market. Do you know what model it is exactly and what exactly the specs are?

As its a Lenovo at least it has the brand behind it so the warrantly should be O.K even if the motherboard and PSU are proprietary and you can't change them out later as desired.

From a personal point of view I'll always build one even if I have to wait for pricing to be sensible, but I just like playing with hardware and I fairly frequently change parts in and out, so Im an edge case compared to a lot of people.

If you just want to play games ASAP without fuss and the prebuilt is cheaper and faster, why not. :)

I linked Amazon in the word "Lenovo" in my earlier post but I can see now how easy it is to miss that. It'd be great if you could take a look at it and let me know what you think, I'll list the key specs here anyway:

NVIDIA GTX 1650 Super 4 GB
Ryzen 5 3600
1x8 3200 MHz
1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD
Free peripherals (no display)

Comes to Rs. 56,990

Link to Amazon

Honestly, I want to build a PC myself someday, but I'm 100% free now for 8 months or so, and I wanted to get it ASAP and make the most of it. I kinda think I'll screw up the assembly too.

As far as I can tell the Lenovo is much better than the current build given the cost. If you think it is too, I'll get the Dell monitor you mentioned and be done with it!

Sorry, I missed that link

Headline spec wise it seems good compared to what we can do with a custom build with pricing as it is at the moment. 1x8GB RAM is dissapointing but as you say its possible to upgrade it fairly easily. I advise when you do to buy the same part number RAM stick that is already installed as mixing up sticks can sometimes cause problems. That or just buy a 2x8 kit and sell the one thats in there.

Other then that I dont see how we could fit a 3600/1650 Super into a build for that price at the moment even if using the cheapest possible of everything else available. Unless anyone else has a better idea go for it.

Reactions: xtrgamer123
Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Sorry, I missed that link

Headline spec wise it seems good compared to what we can do with a custom build with pricing as it is at the moment. 1x8GB RAM is dissapointing but as you say its possible to upgrade it fairly easily. I advise when you do to buy the same part number RAM stick that is already installed as mixing up sticks can sometimes cause problems. That or just buy a 2x8 kit and sell the one thats in there.

Other then that I dont see how we could fit a 3600/1650 Super into a build for that price at the moment even if using the cheapest possible of everything else available. Unless anyone else has a better idea go for it.

Great, thanks. Going for this then. I'd like to add that the Lenovo site says it's upgradeable to 2060 and Ryzen 7 series. I think they're selling the upgraded version over here on Amazon.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
OK, glad you found something. A Ryzen 3600 is a solid CPU probably for the next few years. Were pricing and availability not so crazy at the moment maybe we could have done something more for you.

The GTX 1650 Super is a decent 1080p card but going forwards its 4GB VRAM may cause some performance issues as newer games com out, and the system only having 8GB is at bare minimum for gaming today, but it should work for now. I also like to have a bigger SSD as I prefer to install and play games from one. I mention these things just to give you an idea what you might upgrade if and when you get some money available for it. Otherwise you should be set for a while

Enjoy Doom Eternal :) I got it myself on sale recently so I'll be playing it too soon, the 2016 game was also excellent if you didnt play it already.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
OK, glad you found something. A Ryzen 3600 is a solid CPU probably for the next few years. Were pricing and availability not so crazy at the moment maybe we could have done something more for you.

The GTX 1650 Super is a decent 1080p card but going forwards its 4GB VRAM may cause some performance issues as newer games com out, and the system only having 8GB is at bare minimum for gaming today, but it should work for now. I also like to have a bigger SSD as I prefer to install and play games from one. I mention these things just to give you an idea what you might upgrade if and when you get some money available for it. Otherwise you should be set for a while

Enjoy Doom Eternal :) I got it myself on sale recently so I'll be playing it too soon, the 2016 game was also excellent if you didnt play it already.

Got it, so priority seems to be getting 16 GB RAM (should be able to do this soon), then upgrading to RTX 2060 eventually. Good to know that I can upgrade my SSD too.

I need to play Doom 2016 first, but used Eternal as a benchmark :) Haven't been able to play AAA games since 2013 with studies and all. I can't thank you enough for your help, I've got a much better understanding of parts now and maybe one day I'll assemble my own gaming PC.

I'll post pics here as soon as I get my rig set up. Thanks again!

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Well, I'd say iys a bit strong to call a 2060 a waste of money as an upgrade to a 1650 Super, its half as fast again and gives you ray tracing. Good point that a newer card might be a better option by the time OP is thinking about upgrading though.

It also depends on the PSU in the Lenovo, looks like the 3060TI is using about 50 more watts then a 2060, somewhere between a Founders 2070 and 2070 Super. Might be looking more at a 3060.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
While i agree that the 2060 is a good card, to me it was a bad group of cards over all. What i mean by that was the 10 series was so good that the jump into the 20's was just not a decent leap being first gen raytracing. The 30's are a very big leap forward though, meaning the distance between the 10's-20's was smaller than the 20's-30's, So buying the middle unless you had to i just don't see it as a thing to do when the 1660 is such a solid card.

I think the performance increase that he would be hoping for he is not actually going to get, where if he stuffed in a 3060 TI down the road he would really see a nice jump and get a raytracing ability that worked well verse a barely there. Most benchmarks i've seen on that gen drops stuff down to 30 or so which is kinda low. the 30's on the other hand seam to be using raytracing at very playable levels.

*edit, I really had to laugh reading this. If you scroll down and look at the recommended specs it lists video cards and settings.. It has the 20 series cards as min spec for raytracing, and the 3060 as recommended. It's kinda funny are they reading my mind? :p https://www.pcgamer.com/bloober-team-reveals-the-medium-system-requirements-and-a-new-trailer/ Which was really the main point i was making about the cards.

As for power you are right, i'd defiantly be looking into a 650 or 750 to build a new system around. I personally grabbed a 650 (i got a killer deal for 95 bucks on a fully modular EVGA) which basically leaves me able to run the 3060 level. which is great. The 3080's could work but it would be tight, nividia recommends a 750 for them but they are probably going on the safe side with lots of headroom so it would probably just squeeze in, but to me the 3060TI is the sweet spot in price. Especially if in a year or two you can grab um in the 300 dollar range. I won't hold my breath, but who knows. I can see the next system i build in the future will probably need to go into the 1kw range on the PSU if they keep raising power requirements, but i hope they can come up with more energy efficient stuff before then. We did get huge performance gains in the 300-400 ranges, so maybe this bump will hold stable for the next 10 years and not continue with the power creep.

I think I lost you a bit there, but from what I gathered, swapping out the motherboard and PSU to get a 3060 is a better idea than the 2060, right? Bec I won't be able to do the upgrade otherwise. I think that makes sense, I can defer the upgrade until I'm ready to do a complete overhaul like that.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Sorry to trouble you guys again, but a family friend of mine says he can get me a great deal on this PC:

555-BCFD : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 @ 5GHz + Bluetooth
490-BCNN : Dual NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX( TM) 960 with 2GB GDDR5 each (N VIDIA SLI(R) Enabled)
429-AAMV : Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Reader
412-AAEX : Centauri CPU heatsink
400-AFOO : 256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 540 0RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
370-ABWP : 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz
338-BFPQ : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K (6- cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
321-BBLW : Alienware(TM) 850 Watt Multi-G PU Approved Power Supply

I can't make head or tail of this, seems like really expensive but old gear :sweatsmile: What do you guys think? It looks very different from any PC I've ever seen...

Sorry to trouble you guys again, but a family friend of mine says he can get me a great deal on this PC:

555-BCFD : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 @ 5GHz + Bluetooth
490-BCNN : Dual NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX( TM) 960 with 2GB GDDR5 each (N VIDIA SLI(R) Enabled)
429-AAMV : Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Reader
412-AAEX : Centauri CPU heatsink
400-AFOO : 256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 540 0RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
370-ABWP : 16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133 MHz
338-BFPQ : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K (6- cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
321-BBLW : Alienware(TM) 850 Watt Multi-G PU Approved Power Supply

I can't make head or tail of this, seems like really expensive but old gear :sweatsmile: What do you guys think? It looks very different from any PC I've ever seen...

TLDR: The CPU is still OK but the graphics cards are not good. How much cheaper is it?

Its oldish but still a decent platform. The 5820K was one of the fastest processors for Intel 5 years ago. I'd guess for gaming its roughly around a Ryzen 1600 in performance. 16GB of RAM is nice, although its slower and the platform is old so would not support anything much faster even with manual overclocking.

The Dual GTX 960's are not good these days though. Nvidia is not supporting SLI (two cards together) in new games. 2GB of VRAM has not been enough for a couple of years at least, and in SLI the VRAM does not stack (ONly 2 GB available to use) even if it did work.

If its really cheap then might be worth it if you can sell and replace the graphics cards with something better, and you would need to add more storage, making sure that was possible. You'd also need to check there was space length wise for the new graphics card you picked.

I think I lost you a bit there, but from what I gathered, swapping out the motherboard and PSU to get a 3060 is a better idea than the 2060, right? Bec I won't be able to do the upgrade otherwise. I think that makes sense, I can defer the upgrade until I'm ready to do a complete overhaul like that.

I know this was not aimed at me, but hopefully I can explain a bit. The 3060 has not been released yet. The 3060TI has, and it uses more power then the PSU in the Lenovo can very likely provide without popping something. A 3060 might well be O.K once its released judging by the power requirements of previous models in the same range, but no way to know for sure just yet.

The other problem I was alluding too, is that often (not always) in big brand prebuilts they do not use standard parts. The PSU may be physically a different size to an ATX form factor model you can buy off the shelf. Upgrading it may or may not be easily possible, hard to say without looking inside the system or if you dont know already.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
TLDR: The CPU is still OK but the graphics cards are not good. How much cheaper is it?

Its oldish but still a decent platform. The 5820K was one of the fastest processors for Intel 5 years ago. I'd guess for gaming its roughly around a Ryzen 1600 in performance. 16GB of RAM is nice, although its slower and the platform is old so would not support anything much faster even with manual overclocking.

The Dual GTX 960's are not good these days though. Nvidia is not supporting SLI (two cards together) in new games. 2GB of VRAM has not been enough for a couple of years at least, and in SLI the VRAM does not stack (ONly 2 GB available to use) even if it did work.

If its really cheap then might be worth it if you can sell and replace the graphics cards with something better, and you would need to add more storage, making sure that was possible. You'd also need to check there was space length wise for the new graphics card you picked.

I know this was not aimed at me, but hopefully I can explain a bit. The 3060 has not been released yet. The 3060TI has, and it uses more power then the PSU in the Lenovo can very likely provide without popping something. A 3060 might well be O.K once its released judging by the power requirements of previous models in the same range, but no way to know for sure just yet.

The other problem I was alluding too, is that often (not always) in big brand prebuilts they do not use standard parts. The PSU may be physically a different size to an ATX form factor model you can buy off the shelf. Upgrading it may or may not be possible, hard to say without looking inside the system or if you dont know already.

I'm guessing it's about the same price, I'll get back to you with a quote when I have one. I'd rather take the Lenovo if it's better. The case for the Alienware Area 51 R2 is pretty big though as far as I can tell.

So you're saying that my PC might be able to handle a 3060 even though the Lenovo site doesn't really say it does. That's good news, fingers crossed. If it can't then ig there's not much I can do beyond a 2060 with this build.

EDIT: Another thing, the Lenovo has an "nATX" motherboard which I've never heard of, I'm guessing it's too tiny to do much with.

For the same price the Alienware not worth it .

Its very likely the Lenovo will handle a 3060. This is dependent on when the card is released and reviews come out that show whether it uses the same or less power (in Watts) then the RTX 2060. If thats what Lenovo is stating the PSU can handle at maximum. It wouild also need to physically fit too obviously, as different AIB models of graphics cards have different dimensions and some are bigger than others. The power connectors and expansion sockets are universal.

I don't know what NATX is other then its not a standard size. This just means it would probably not be possible to replace the motherboard with an off the shelf one in the future as it wouldn't fit the case.

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
Sorry, but there are so many posts and parts i am not sure what you are getting so i was just talking in general. But IMO the 3060 paired with a 650w PS would be a better option than the 2060. The main reason is the raytracing on the 20 serries is just not up to par to make it worth it. They are good cards if your not using it though. They are a bit of a step up from the 10 series, they are basically a little bump in power usage for a little more performance. The 30 series on the other hand are the ones that ray tracing is going to work well. The GPU's got a fairly sizable boost in the cuda cores this time around so really they are the first true generation of ray tracers. a 2080 could work but i think most people would be unhappy by the performance which is why a lot of folks that even upgraded to them the last time around are already making another upgrade.

As for that comp you posted, Yes it's older but it's actually sorta similar to what i have. I have a slightly older CPU, but newer GPU. It actually works very well. I can play anything i want though sometimes i have to turn down the graphic settings a bit and do a little tweaking. Depending on the price it could be a good option. Though you might wanna just try to build your own. It prices are similar to what i have here 700-800 dollars can make you a very nice computer these days if you can find a vid card that is.

Understood, so hopefully the 3060 will have low power requirements and I can just swap it in for the 1650 Super. Otherwise maybe the PSU on the Lenovo is upgradeable, as it seems to be the bottleneck as far as upgrading is concerned, and I can swap it out for a better one that goes with the 3060. That seems to be the best path to upgrade.

I'd like to build my own PC, but the prices aren't great in India rn, @Kaamos_Llama laid out a pretty good build but the Lenovo seems to have better specs for less/ same bec of the recent price bump in individual parts.

TRENDING THREADS