Need help! PC Hard crashing/freezing making me hold power button to turn it off

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys, reinstalling windows seemed to have helped. I hope! I'll see how it goes for the next few days. Any idea how reinstalling could have helped if it did? Was there some corrupt file even if I did all these scans?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
I assume it's Razer Synapse since I've been getting BSODs since installing it again 40 mins ago. How can I upload rar files? These BSODs were successful. Compared to before, I'd just hard freeze and my BSOD wouldn't even take place, I'd have to do a hard shutdown for those, but these last two BSODs made my PC restart on its own which I assume is normal for BSOD.

Nov 17, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, this has been causing me a headache for the last 2 weeks, haha. I can't even enjoy my new PC to the fullest because of all these issues. I could have shipped this back earlier in the month, but I was being stubborn because I'll have to pay $350 shipping both ways, so I wanted to just see what I can do to get it fixed from here.

notices he missed a few posts, sorry... my pc distracted me. Had my own problems to deal with.
did you grab all new drivers after the install?

So you have that many HID devices after a clean install?
Something not right
probably is synapse if PC was fine until you added it. Could be the device itself...

Try running the Hardware & Device troubleshooter

How to Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter on Windows 11/10 via Run
  1. Press Windows + R to open Windows Run dialog.
  2. Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic in Run dialog and press Enter to open Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
  3. Click Next to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
they hid it, it isn't in the normal troubleshooter area.

I will look at dumps.

report - mostly for me
dumps taking ages to run... 4 minutes for 1st one. second not so long. It has to collect info from internet to run anyway

File: 112123-10937-01.dmp (Nov 22 2023 - 15:59:13)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: win32kbase.sys (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File: 112123-10843-01.dmp (Nov 22 2023 - 15:30:03)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: brave.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 02 Sec(s)
processes mentioned were what was running at time, not cause of crash

I can't see the cause but then I am not that amazing at reading these things.

If it happened just after installing Synapse, what do you use it for?

• Love

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts