Question My pc keeps crashing

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
I recently keep getting issues where my pc crashes. sometimes it will reboot its self sometimes it will need to be turned of by the switch. when it crashes i get mother board lights come on in this order - cpu, vga, boot. it misses the ram light. has this happened to anyone else?

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
If you have more than one RAM stick, remove one and see how it goes—then the other if necessary. You could have a bad RAM stick, it happens.

Btw for RAM it's a good idea to have all sticks exactly the same—make, model, specs.

Ok so i have tried with 1 ram stick in each ram slot and different ram and the pc is still crashing. so i can rule ram being the problem! But thanks though

You're welcome :)

1. How long after boot-up do the crashes usually happen?

2. Specs of your PC please, and/or make/model if bought.

3. If it's been a while since you cleaned the PC, open it and look for any dust of grime build-up.

4. This is a recent thing. Did you make any significant change to hardware or software shortly before the problem began?

5. Do all the main components show up in Device Manager?

6. Update your main drivers—mobo, CPU, GPU, sound, network. Any fancy drivers turned on, eg for input devices?—if so, turn 'em off for a while to test.

7. Do the crashes happen only after you launch some particular apps?

TRENDING THREADS