Mouse and Trackpad issues on ASUS ROG Strix G531GU-AL257T

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
I recently bought ASUS ROG Strix G531GU-AL257T gaming laptop.

There are some issues with the mouse that happen every few days:
1) There is a column in the touchpad that seems to become insensitive. I observe this when I move the mouse cursor left and right; the insensitive column causes the mouse to jump when I move over it
2) The left click mechanical button sometimes does not work. or works with a rate of one click out of 10.

When the problems happen, they last for a few minutes then disappear, or disappear immediately when I sleep and wake the laptop again.

I performed a full restart for the PC and installed all windows updates as well as ASUS Precision Touchpad driver.

It seems like a software problem, but I do not exclude hardware problems.

Thank you

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I had this happen on one of my old laptops. It was indeed due to hardware in my case. If you are in warranty I suggest seeing about repairs or RMA. If not, you could look at replacing the trackpad, there are lots of parts on the market and I have never failed to find a part that I need on ebay. I watched the breakdown of your laptop and it looks like it should a reasonably easy fix. Parts wise, It looks like it could cost around $130 ish for parts. First I would just suggest a good cleaning, and if possible a fresh install of windows and drivers. Don't forget to install all the manufacturer crap back if you do that! https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL502VM/HelpDesk_Download/

TRENDING THREADS