Solved Motherboard Can't Reach Bios Screen with GPU Installed

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
CPU : i5 12400F
Motherboard : MSI H610M-E Pro

My Motherboard will keep restaring if i install a GPU on it, but if i remove the GPU, it stops restarting.
The problem is the CPU does not have iGPU to display to the Monitor.
What i have done :
-Removed all parts and cleaned the whole PC parts
-Removed the CMOS Battery a few times
-Used Jumper on motherboard a few times
-Tested the other GPUs, it was the same, the Motherboard kept restarting if the GPU Installed on it
-The GPUs i tested are RTX 2060, RX 550 and GTX 1050 Ti, and all of them can be detected on the other Motherboard without a problem
-I also tested the different PSUs and all of them are Cougar Gex 850, Cooler Master G800 , Corsair CX 550M

All PSUs, RAM, GPUs are good, but since my Motherboard is 12th gen and the Motherboard i have tested is Motherboard 11th Gen.

It has been a week since it happened, i just normally shut down my pc at night and i couldnt turn it on in the morning.
I have been searching on internet, but i can not find the similar problem.

random PCIe slot death? shame it only has one slot...

I can't say I seen it before but its always possible. Given cards work elsewhere.
Shame CPU doesn't have igpu.

You could post on
but they may say same thing... sounds the like you need a new motherboard.

could get repair store to look at it, see if they can find another reason.

Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
random PCIe slot death? shame it only has one slot...

I can't say I seen it before but its always possible. Given cards work elsewhere.
Shame CPU doesn't have igpu.

You could post on
but they may say same thing... sounds the like you need a new motherboard.

could get repair store to look at it, see if they can find another reason.
I have posted there and on linustechtips , seems my thread is dead there, and i feel so hard to get a possibility answer.
Btw, i am ordering a new motherboard, i just want to know what the other things caused the problem, what exactly happened, so in the future i can avoid the same mistake.

Do you have a surge protector? About only thought I have is it was a power surge or something.

You could look to see if any pins in the pci slot are damaged. That might cause it to not start on many cards. Might want to check card that was in PC at time it happened as well.

what link on Tom's? I could add life to post. See if anyone else has ideas :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Do you have a surge protector? About only thought I have is it was a power surge or something.

You could look to see if any pins in the pci slot are damaged. That might cause it to not start on many cards. Might want to check card that was in PC at time it happened as well.

what link on Tom's? I could add life to post. See if anyone else has ideas :)
No i dont have, but all my PC parts are good ,some of them are more than 10 years, except this Motherboard (less than a year, only 8 months).

I was not sure it was the Motherboard problem, so i ordered the cheapest Motherboard from China, an unpopular brand, "Afox" .
I also just heard it,
-It does not have GUI Bios, only CLI like Command Prompt,
-Only 3 sata, i can not use the pcie x1 slot, because my GPU covers it.
-Unperfect socket slot, i was a bit struggling while installing my CPU on it.

But hey, i can turn on my pc again, and my nvme is readable.
I will set this thread as solved.

Edit : Btw, how to choose your post as the solved answer?

I was not sure it was the Motherboard problem, so i ordered the cheapest Motherboard from China, an unpopular brand, "Afox" .
I also just heard it,
-It does not have GUI Bios, only CLI like Command Prompt,
-Only 3 sata, i can not use the pcie x1 slot, because my GPU covers it.
-Unperfect socket slot, i was a bit struggling while installing my CPU on it.
I would save for a better motherboard. At least you know it fixed it.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts