Question Low fps in all games.

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I have had my PC for a few years, and this problem has been happening for most of the time. I have seen benchmarks and tons of videos showing my almost exact build getting up to 100 fps more than what I am getting. I'm am getting 140 fps on fortnite(low settings) 140- 30fps low minecraft(low settings) 80fps rainbow six seige(ultra low settings)
I think this might be a settings issue and I have checked nvidia control pannel, driver updates, power modes, setting games on different priorities, and game settings.
Specs: XLR8 Nvidia 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
1.5 tb hdd
16gb ram
700 w power supply

Zoid

Community Contributor
I have had my PC for a few years, and this problem has been happening for most of the time. I have seen benchmarks and tons of videos showing my almost exact build getting up to 100 fps more than what I am getting. I'm am getting 140 fps on fortnite(low settings) 140- 30fps low minecraft(low settings) 80fps rainbow six seige(ultra low settings)
I think this might be a settings issue and I have checked nvidia control pannel, driver updates, power modes, setting games on different priorities, and game settings.
Specs: XLR8 Nvidia 2060
Ryzen 5 3600
1.5 tb hdd
16gb ram
700 w power supply
Can you let us know what monitor you have and what your target framerates are? I notice you are getting what I would consider to be quite high framerates (except the 30fps low in Minecraft), but on low settings, which to me suggests that you are trying to achieve a certain very high framerate by lowering the settings. We should make sure your monitor can actually display that framerate.

Regardless, when trying to diagnose what is causing a performance issue I always recommend running some hardware monitoring software while gaming to see how your hardware is being utilized. MSI Afterburner is what I use because it has a nicely customizable on-screen overlay, but there are other options as well.

While playing those games you mentioned, what CPU, GPU, RAM, and disk utilization are you seeing? Is anything spending a lot of time near 100%? Also, what CPU and GPU temperatures are you seeing? Is anything running hot?

TRENDING THREADS