July 2024 Game Discussion Thread

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@Brian Boru Ooooh, what would have been cool: Have the winner get a banner (like the moderator type we have but in a different color) with the: Death Rally champion! It could be something that would stay on the forum user for the time of the win to the next competition, so about a month or so. So every month a new user would get to wear a badge, honoring their feat.

I do belive we have a prize donator already (if not, I'll be happy to throw in a key for a game) But if we get desperate, I am sure a used syringe or toenail clippings would work too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxqRLYVKHM (no idea what they say, but I do belive there are some syringes going about)

As for real country, I do think the USA has some really good artists, but we also have a few famous artists like Kurt Nilsen, Sputnik, Bjøro Håland, and Rune Rudberg here in Norway.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgBA6rEsYA0
You don't judge a country by its artists, you judge it by its nerds. I sound just like Kurt Nilsen, by the way. Yep.

Gave up on Pharaoh until they do something about the desync/crashing. I was doing better today except that Ajax got killed in battle. He was the only guy from his unit to die. Just random chance. Anyway. I put Diomedes in charge.

Guido wanted me to go back to my quick-save and refight the battle, but there's no point to it. The faction leaders have to fight, so they are going to die occasionally. It is what it is.

BUT I noticed something today. It said we were playing the Historical campaign. Could they be going to do to this what they did to Troy and have 3 separate campaign modes, including one with mythical creatures? I hope so.

@Brian Boru Ooooh, what would have been cool: Have the winner get a banner (like the moderator type we have but in a different color) with the: Death Rally champion! It could be something that would stay on the forum user for the time of the win to the next competition, so about a month or so. So every month a new user would get to wear a badge, honoring their feat.
One time at Disney World, there's this really fun shooting ride based on Toy Story, and I got the high score for the day, so they put a sash and crown on me like I just won Ms. America. I wore it proudly.

That is fracking cool! I once hit the top score on one of those punching bags on a carnival. I felt like a hundred dollars.
Sadly, they don't do this anymore because people figured out how to cheat and get a 999,999 score

My only other incident like this was setting the weekly record at a go kart track at the beach and getting a trophy. I don't remember anything else off the top of my head, but I got really good at carnival games when I was a teenager and I won 29 stuffed animals on one trip to the fair. I was giving them away to kids.

I was going to give them away to cute girls, but the first girl I tried to give one to rejected it like I was trying to make some sort of sex barter or something, so I just gave them to kids.

I finally got around to playing a bit more Marvel: Midnight Suns. I honestly had to force myself to start the game, it had been so long I'd lost most of my motivation to continue, but I had fun playing again.

I did a story mission, which was pretty easy and I got three stars at the end. I wondered if I was maybe playing on too low of a difficulty. However, I did a generic hard mission next and got two of my three heroes knocked out, barely completing the mission with the last one standing. Mostly because one of the (mini) bosses showed up, those things are a pain to deal with.

I wish I was younger, none of my toys could do things like this.

Just buy them now. Or do you really think you'll get less enjoyment from them now than if you were still a kid?

Last edited:
What is life like as a female sex worker? You know, alone in a hotel room with the type of guy whose slightly off demeaner and odd sexual obsessions make you uncomfortable?

Well, have I got a game for you.

I did a story mission, which was pretty easy and I got three stars at the end. I wondered if I was maybe playing on too low of a difficulty. However, I did a generic hard mission next and got two of my three heroes knocked out, barely completing the mission with the last one standing. Mostly because one of the (mini) bosses showed up, those things are a pain to deal with.

The story missions are a lot easier than the generic missions if you do too many generic missions. On my second play-through, I forced myself to do as few generic missions as possible in order to maximise the story mission difficulty.

How would you guys like a Custom Title reward for the Death Rally competition? We can do similar with other competitions also. The winner would decide how long he wants the title and can just PM a moderator to have it removed. The Custom title would be below your name and between any other badge (like my moderator one) if you have that. For Death Rally it would look something like this (we could show you some titles and you could pick the one you like)

- 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 ℜ𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔦𝔬𝔫
-✌𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓡𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓸𝓷✌
- 🥕🍅🥬🥦 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓡𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓸𝓷 🍆🥔🌽🥑
- Dₑₐₜₕ ᵣₐₗₗy Cₕₐₘₚᵢₒₙ
- 🅓🅔🅐🅣🅗 🅡🅐🅛🅛🅨 🅒🅗🅐🅜🅟🅘🅞🅝
-𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝕽𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖕𝖎𝖔𝖓
-𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚁𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚘𝚗
-🄳🄴🄰🅃🄷 🅁🄰🄻🄻🅈 🄲🄷🄰🄼🄿🄸🄾🄽

Also, if you know a place to get some awesome fonts/emoji that we could use, don't hesitate to share. So far we got this one https://tools.picsart.com/text/font-generator/cursive/ which has some nice fonts.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Well... well... I had little crystals you could put in a fish bowl and they would grow like stalagmites! And a gun that shot out race cars (mostly at my little brother)! And the things I could do with fireworks around the 4th of July....
Oh yeah? Well, when I was a kid, I used to wander far and wide, often wandering up to a couple miles from home. We wandered through exciting places like abandoned cemeteries and crawled through mysterious portals (drainage pipes). We carefully selected weapons as we went (sticks) and sometimes we would pick up friends, like frogs and snakes, and carry them around with us. Then we would catch monsters (crayfish) under the rocks of the creeks. This was a time when dogs roamed wild and free, and we would sometimes get one to tag along with us, a companion, if you will. Every now and then, we would come across a war that had spontaneously broken out and join in (backyard football).

We didn't need toys. We had the world.

When I was a kid, we threw rocks at each other. We also didn't need toys, but perhaps toys would be slightly better in retrospect.
One time I was at my cousin's farm after a long period of heavy rain, and we had a mudball fight. It was just like a snowball fight but with mud. For some very odd reason, our mothers were ever-so-slightly unhappy with this when we finally returned to the house.

I wish I was younger, none of my toys could do things like this.

This is cool. My children would almost immediately be driving them off ledges and then smashing them to try and figure out how they work, yet being upset that they no longer do so once smashed apart.

System Shock is getting better. Or at least, more challenging. I'm down on the Reactor level now, a place I haven't been in my previous playthroughs and it's significantly more challenging. I'm thankful I turned the resurrection machine back on, because I keep dying on this level.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts