Question Higher-End RTX 3080 Build

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This post was originally asking for opinions, and I saw comments that were really helpful. But I want to go for a higher-end build for this PC. I'm updating this build because I changed some parts. Any predictions on how this PC will run some mainstream games?

Thanks!

Build:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
Hard Drive: Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Power Supply: Corsair RMX Series, RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified
Graphics Card: NVIDIA RTX 3080

*Extra Info*

My budget is around $3,000.

My country and currency are the USA and US dollars.

I will be using this PC for gaming/streaming purposes.

Mostly First Person Shooter type games at possibly competitive settings (which are usually at low?), but being able to have solid FPS on higher settings is ideal.

Monitor Resolution is 1920x1080/Refresh Rate is 240hz.

Last edited:
Reactions: mysticmoonsiren
Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Budget?

Country and currency?

Intended uses? Gaming? specific software?

What sorts of games and at what settings?

For gaming, what monitor will be used with it? resolution and refresh rate?
My budget is $3,000 (possibly lower).

My country and currency are the USA and US dollars.

I will be using this PC for gaming purposes.

Mostly First Person Shooter type games at possibly competitive settings (which are usually at low?), but having solid FPS on higher settings is ideal.

Monitor Resolution is 1920x1080/Refresh Rate is 240hz.

If it's gaming and no streaming, it's debatable whether an i9 is remotely worth it. Versus say an overclocked 10600k, with the money you save going towards a CPU upgrade in a few years.

Likewise the GPU, especially if running at competitive settings. A much less powerful GPU would be just the same.

32gb RAM will provide no benefit, and again by the time games can benefit from MOAR RAM, we'll have new platforms with DDR5 anyway and the rest of the system would be more of a bottleneck.

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
If it's gaming and no streaming, it's debatable whether an i9 is remotely worth it. Versus say an overclocked 10600k, with the money you save going towards a CPU upgrade in a few years.

Likewise the GPU, especially if running at competitive settings. A much less powerful GPU would be just the same.

32gb RAM will provide no benefit, and again by the time games can benefit from MOAR RAM, we'll have new platforms with DDR5 anyway and the rest of the system would be more of a bottleneck.
I've edited my post and I included streaming now (although it's more video recording than streaming; but I might expand to it in the future). My goal for the PC is to be able to run a game like VALORANT above 240 FPS easily. I want to make full use of the 240hz monitor and be able to maintain at least 300 FPS if possible. I also want to overclock and make sure I get the most out of the PC.

TRENDING THREADS