What do you think of this Custom PC Build please?

Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
I didn't pick latest generations due to budget in the first place and also the choice of parts is narrow. The build I'm thinking of is:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z790 D DDR4 (rev. 1.0)

CPU: Intel Core I7-12700

Air Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Spectrum V3 ARGB RR-S4NA-17PA-R1

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ventus 2X 12G OC

NVMe M.2 SSD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 4

SATA HDD: Seagate 3.5" SATA 2TB 7200 rpm Barracuda 7200

RAM: HyperX Fury Beast 32GB RGB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3200 RAM (Two sticks, totaling 64GB)

Power Supply: Cougar Bronz Power Supply BXM700 (700 Watt)
or FSP Hydro G Pro 750W 80 Plus Gold
or Corsair RMX 750 Watt 80+ Gold

Monitor: ViewSonic VX2479-HD-PRO 24″ 165Hz 1920x1080. Variable Refresh Rate Technology: FreeSync

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1: any opinions on the build, compatibility wise or anyone notice some bottleneck somewhere?

Question 2: is DDR4 3200mhz the speed of RAM ok for software like After Effects?

Question 3: to not have screen tearing in games, if I enable the monitor's FreeSync will this technology work with Nvidia's G-SYNC? I'm afraid because I don't see the monitor here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/ and I do not see the monitor at pcpartpicker.com

Question 4: will this build be loud under heavy load like gaming?

I didn't pick latest generations due to budget in the first place and also the choice of parts is narrow. The build I'm thinking of is:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z790 D DDR4 (rev. 1.0)

CPU: Intel Core I7-12700

Air Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Spectrum V3 ARGB RR-S4NA-17PA-R1

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ventus 2X 12G OC

NVMe M.2 SSD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 4

SATA HDD: Seagate 3.5" SATA 2TB 7200 rpm Barracuda 7200

RAM: HyperX Fury Beast 32GB RGB (2 x 32GB) DDR4-3200 RAM (Two sticks, totaling 64GB)

Power Supply: Cougar Bronz Power Supply BXM700 (700 Watt)
or FSP Hydro G Pro 750W 80 Plus Gold
or Corsair RMX 750 Watt 80+ Gold

Monitor: ViewSonic VX2479-HD-PRO 24″ 165Hz 1920x1080. Variable Refresh Rate Technology: FreeSync

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1: any opinions on the build, compatibility wise or anyone notice some bottleneck somewhere?

Question 2: is DDR4 3200mhz the speed of RAM ok for software like After Effects?

Question 3: to not have screen tearing in games, if I enable the monitor's FreeSync will this technology work with Nvidia's G-SYNC? I'm afraid because I don't see the monitor here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/ and I do not see the monitor at pcpartpicker.com

Question 4: will this build be loud under heavy load like gaming?
You want a dual tower cpu cooler for that cpu and don't choose the Cougar psu. What country are you located?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
OMG Thank you Why_Me. I had no idea. I will change the fan/cooler. How to do a thumbs up reaction on your post? i'm new :) Also it's a 3rd world country :( But why not Cougar please? I had a Cougar and it didn't fail for 5 years if not more.

OMG Thank you Why_Me. I had no idea. I will change the fan/cooler. How to do a thumbs up reaction on your post? i'm new :) Also it's a 3rd world country :( But why not Cougar please? I had a Cougar and it didn't fail for 5 years if not more.
Cougar psu's aren't what they used to be. As far as 3rd world countries go I spent my fare share of time in Belarus although I wouldn't exactly call it a 3rd world country.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 8, 2024
Visit site
The RAM speed of DDR4 3200mhz is suitable. There is a memory setting in the AE preferences. The smaller the value, the more memory is reserved for AE, the more memory is allocated during rendering, and the smoother the rendering.
Then this value cannot be too small. System stability is very important. It is recommended to retain 2-4G.

Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
The RAM speed of DDR4 3200mhz is suitable. There is a memory setting in the AE preferences. The smaller the value, the more memory is reserved for AE, the more memory is allocated during rendering, and the smoother the rendering.
Then this value cannot be too small. System stability is very important. It is recommended to retain 2-4G.
Good. where is this option please?

Welcome to the forum :)

That's restricted for new members—but it's the thought that counts :)

Is there a nearby country where it would be reliable to buy parts? Why_Me is a master at digging out builds in various countries :)
thank you :) and no i don't think so, why would i bring it from another country and pay customs or fuel :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts