December 2023 General Discussion Thread

Page 17 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
well that was a bit unexpected, i somehow got all 15 challenges last night riding on the coat tails of someone else. So i've taken a slight break from Path of exile to catch up with other things. i might get back to Age of empires 2 and complete the bediun campaign i was halfway through. But honestly I'm not feeling in the mood to play games as serious family matters are on my mind atm.

HNY all, went for a walk to check out some fireworks, came home and played a couple hours of Against the Storm. Its really got its hooks in me deep now. The way it handles resources is not like anything I've come across before, still working it out slowly but this is a pretty special game. I said here a while ago I was looking for something along the lines of Settlers 2, and this feels like a massive more complicated evolution of that, as well as being very much its own thing. Love it.

HNY all, went for a walk to check out some fireworks, came home and played a couple hours of Against the Storm. Its really got its hooks in me deep now. The way it handles resources is not like anything I've come across before, still working it out slowly but this is a pretty special game. I said here a while ago I was looking for something along the lines of Settlers 2, and this feels like a massive more complicated evolution of that, as well as being very much its own thing. Love it.
Professional opinion: It sucks. But, then again, you and I never like the same games :)

Professional opinion: It sucks. But, then again, you and I never like the same games :)
Eh, youve played a lot more city builders than me. I dont care much for building model villages, I like that theres a challenge. Every new map you have to adapt what you build around the buildings and resources you get so its a bit different every time. Then the over map seems interesting as well, lots to figure out. Different terrains have different passive benefits and negative effects to deal with that I havent got into much yet.

The resource chain is pretty convoluted, some buildings are better than others at producing things, and it can turn out that you dont get something at all on a given map, either a base resource or something further down the chain you dont get the plans for. So when youre choosing orders to fulfill to complete the map its pretty fun to try and work out what buildings youre going to need to either get lucky and find the plan for, or make do with to get things done. Might be it turns out to be easier than Im imagining as theres trading posts to build and resource stashes in every glade that help in a pinch.

Dont know, Im having a lot of fun but its only been about 6 or 7 hours.

Eh, youve played a lot more city builders than me. I dont care much for building model villages, I like that theres a challenge. Every new map you have to adapt what you build around the buildings and resources you get so its a bit different every time. Then the over map seems interesting as well, lots to figure out. Different terrains have different passive benefits and negative effects to deal with that I havent got into much yet.

The resource chain is pretty convoluted, some buildings are better than others at producing things, and it can turn out that you dont get something at all on a given map, either a base resource or something further down the chain you dont get the plans for. So when youre choosing orders to fulfill to complete the map its pretty fun to try and work out what buildings youre going to need to either get lucky and find the plan for, or make do with to get things done. Might be it turns out to be easier than Im imagining as theres trading posts to build and resource stashes in every glade that help in a pinch.

Dont know, Im having a lot of fun but its only been about 6 or 7 hours.
It's actually a good game. I think I was kind of burned out on colony sims when I played it. Since I played it, I've also bounced off of every other colony sim that I've tried, so I think I need a little break from the genre. I have to wait until I also bounce off the two I bought during the sale haha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts