Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 51 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
My wife and Guido are in the spare room next to mine with a projection TV and my Edifier speakers watching The Witcher on Netflix. I can't believe my wife is letting Guido have the speakers so loud. I might as well be in there with them. Now the question is will I ever get my PC speakers back. And why did I buy such overpowered speakers?

I think we need to have a discussion about whether political life or gaming life is more 'real'. ;)

I guess... but by whom? You do NOT want a squirrel in your house!

Well, I never made any money in either politics or gaming, so they are (were) both hobbies, but no one has ever considered me an authority in gaming nor invited me to presidential inauguration ceremonies (whatever the gaming equivalent would be if there were one), election parties, etc. and I've never been quoted by a guest on CNN about games.

Ew, this is making me feel dirty. I despise politics now. It's all so dishonest. A writer who used to work for me sent me an email not that long ago asking when I was going to jump back in. I told him if he could send me the name of a single politician I could believe in that I would consider it. I was lying. I'm never going back. But I made my point in my rebuttal when he sent me a couple of names. I do have to admit, though, that it has fleetingly crossed my mind to hitch my cart to Knox County Mayor Glenn "Kane" Jacobs. He will be in the White House some day. Would be an interesting ride.

And I definitely want that flying squirrel in my house.

I became a little more "woke" today.

My wife wanted to try a new pizza restaurant. It had an Italian name (I'm predominately Italian), so I said, "Hey, it has a good Italian name. Let's try it."

They were not Italian, and their pizza was bad. If you are a 20th generation British-American hillbilly and you want to sell hillbilly pizza, just admit what you are doing. Don't claim you are related to me. I know how to make pizza.

GQMTdbw.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
Don't claim you are related to me. I know how to make pizza.
Step 1, get some fresh pineapple....

I actually had a Hawaiian BBQ pizza a few weeks ago. The pineapple was fine, but the BBQ... that didn't work for me at all. If it were really good BBQ, I think it would have been even worse. OH! I should have put ketchup on it, that might have fixed it!

Step 1, get some fresh pineapple....

I actually had a Hawaiian BBQ pizza a few weeks ago. The pineapple was fine, but the BBQ... that didn't work for me at all. If it were really good BBQ, I think it would have been even worse. OH! I should have put ketchup on it, that might have fixed it!
Sorry, but it doesn't bother me that you have no taste and eat like a five-year-old. Doesn't impact me at all. I've been married to someone like that for 29 years.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Got a big storm last night with 70mph winds, knocking out power for a lot of the city. There's not much of a moon right now, so I figured I would go out and see if I could see a few more stars.

Nope. There were still some clouds over about 70% of the sky, but, more to the point, plenty of power still around town. It was so bright, I could walk around easily with no flashlight.

That sports forum I'm on is the most hilariously rude forum I've ever participated in. There are no rules of conduct other than not posting adult images or political/religious topics. If you post nudity, you are banned. If you post political/religious topics, the threads are simply removed. There are definitely no rules on civility, though.

Just had a difficult to read post by a new member. It got over 100 responses in 20 minutes. The responses included everything from bemoaning the fact that the new guy was able to afford the introductory pricing and demanding that the prices be increased, to discussions of the new guy's lack of education, and his questionable masculinity. There were also a handful of people requesting pictures of the new guy's wife.

I actually ended the thread. I'm not a mod, but I'm treated like one because I've been there since the 90s. Sometimes being old is helpful.

I think humanity is going to start a long period of decline as the best and the brightest decide that instead of contributing to human development they are just going to start YouTube channels. Take, for instance, the guy who is creating a neural network out of rat tissue and teaching it to play Doom.

Hey, that's great, dude. Want to try solving some actual problems, now?

Reactions: Brian Boru
I think humanity is going to start a long period of decline as the best and the brightest decide that instead of contributing to human development they are just going to start YouTube channels. Take, for instance, the guy who is creating a neural network out of rat tissue and teaching it to play Doom.

Hey, that's great, dude. Want to try solving some actual problems, now?
Playing around with stuff is a great way to learn new things.

Playing around with stuff is a great way to learn new things.
That is, of course, true, but when the primary goal of research is "views" and "likes" actual advancement is going to be scuttled for coming up with the next thing that gets views and likes. "Last week we were making a rat brain. Up next, we see what happens when we catapult a kitten into a brick wall!"

One day my house was completely furnished, and then the next day Guido and my wife start carrying everything out to a Uhaul. I'm like, "What are you doing with the couch?" and am told the kids need a couch in their new apartment. The only things left in the living room are my chair (but only because I refused to get up), my laptop and a Grand piano. There might be some other things, but I can't see them because they took the lamps. How was I left out of the loop on this? I guess this is my wife's excuse to redecorate. I'm not sure what she has planned, but I have two lamps arriving tomorrow.

Note Tennesse colors! (Well, sorta.)
I've always wanted a lava lamp. I'd have to pick different colors because those are University of Florida colors. if I remember these correctly from childhood, they don't exactly light up a room, so I'm still going to need actual lamps.

My favorite lights as a child were strobe lights. Used to play with those during sleepovers.

We had a game where one team waited in the hallway while another team rearranged the family room with Giant Tinkertoys and various cushions and you hid a flag. When you were ready, you turned off the lights and turned the strobe light on as slow as it would go. The room was underground, so it was pitch dark except for the flash of the strobe.

Then the other team would come into the room and have to navigate your booby traps while looking for the flag. Once they found the flag, the defensive team could leave their positions and attempt to tackle/wrestle the other team until either they got the flag back (win for the defense) or the flag left the room (win for the offense).

It was kind of a tower defense game with Giant Tinkertoys and pillows. Of course, that was in the 70's before there was such a thing as tower defense games.

Giant Tinkertoys were the best. You could make houses/forts big enough to walk through with those things, Just throw a sheet over them and it was like being inside your fort.

Dear Facebook,

Essentially every time I have chicken anywhere but Gus's, Chik-fil-a or KFC, the chicken breast comes from a chicken with woody breast disease, and it's just disgusting. Zaxby's, Bojangles and Popeyes are the big offenders. They are specifically deciding to sell this diseased chicken (you can tell if the raw meat is bad just by looking at it), and I'm just not eating there anymore. The diseased breast is not dangerous to eat, but portions of it are the wrong texture and are pretty gross.

The US chicken population must be overwhelmed with this. Literally the last half-dozen or so times I've eaten at these restaurants it's all been the same (I don't eat fast food much, so this is going back several years). But I just can't eat this garbage anymore. If they start weeding out the diseased chicken breasts, I'll consider coming back.

Meanwhile, somehow my wife and kids don't seem to notice it.

Grocery stores get rid of all of it. No idea why these fast food restaurants are deciding just to go ahead and prepare it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts