Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 53 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Yep, I know, but even that is a hassle compared to a wire. The wire doesn't get in the way at all for me, so it's hard to see a need for even that. Hmm.... I wonder....

My mouse sensitivity is set pretty high (low?) so I can go from one corner of my screen to the other without my wrist having to move. Maybe that's why the wire isn't a bother at all? If it were set the other way, which helps a lot when trying to be precise, that wire could easily be a bother. Are you wireless folks set so you can't just "finger mouse"?
I keep my DPI fairly low, and the cord never bothers me either. Just a lot better than charging or changing batteries for me.

The exception would be the cheap Logitech mice that don't need new batteries for a few years, but I have other requirements for gaming that those don't meet, but I used to use one with the laptop I use in bed.

Here's a reason for using wired that you won't hear anywhere else. When I was using the little wireless mouse in bed, one night I got up to do something and when I came back I couldn't find the mouse anywhere. I stripped all the covers off the bed, looked around the floor and under the bed. I didn't actually find the mouse until I changed mattresses. It had fallen behind the bed, but hadn't made it to the floor. After that incident, I started using a wired mouse in bed because the wire made it easier to find :)

Last edited:
Do I visit the PCG website too often or is there a bug? Not sure where to post this. Every now and then I’ll go to the website and see new articles, but then I check the site again and suddenly 4 of the latest articles are missing. When I refresh the page they show up. It has been doing this for a week at least.

Do I visit the PCG website too often or is there a bug? Not sure where to post this. Every now and then I’ll go to the website and see new articles, but then I check the site again and suddenly 4 of the latest articles are missing. When I refresh the page they show up. It has been doing this for a week at least.
No, that's normal. I'll see an article I want to read, but go to another site, and when I come back, I can't find the article. Been doing that for ages. They have some weird, Facebook like algorithm for what you see when you go there.

Guido is officially a taxpayer. Got a job working in a Papa John's Pizza in one of the dorms.

Zloth

Community Contributor
My refrigerator is lasting forever! The fridge came with my house when I bought it over 20 years ago, so I don't know how old it is, but it has fake wood on the handles. That was popular in the `70's and hung around into the `80's. It has to have been running for at least 30 years. The internet is telling me that a fridge will be lucky to last 20 years, even if you clean its coils.

Now that I said that, it's probably going to break tomorrow.

My refrigerator is lasting forever! The fridge came with my house when I bought it over 20 years ago, so I don't know how old it is, but it has fake wood on the handles. That was popular in the `70's and hung around into the `80's. It has to have been running for at least 30 years. The internet is telling me that a fridge will be lucky to last 20 years, even if you clean its coils.

My fridge is probably not as old as yours, but it's around 22 or 23 years old. I love that fridge and will not buy a new one. I'll just have it repaired when needed. It has a jug holder in the door that takes cold air from the freezer and makes the, in my case, water jugs freezing cold, which I love.

Anyway, I looked a fridges briefly in Home depot, and they were all many thousands of dollars. I can already hear the repairman say, "It's getting really old, you should just buy a new one." To which I'll respond, "Unless you think you are going to charge me $6000.00 to repair this one, I'll just stick with the one I've got."

Actually, what I should do is see if there is a repair guide online and repair it myself when that day eventually comes.

Edit: My microwave from college finally died last year. Was a sad moment, but my new microwave is amazing. You just hit a button and it properly cooks anything.

The management in the apt building I live in couldn't believe it when I told them my fridge lasted a little over 20 years. I also told them I'd just given away a 5 cu ft Hotpoint freezer that lasted me 30 years and was still working. It 's motor and compressor were built in Canada, and it was like a tank.

As far as frost free fridges go though, the main reason they don't last very long for a lot of people is they tend to fill the freezer part too full, which blocks the air vents and causes them to ice up. This makes them work MUCH harder, and whilst doing so, can't maintain the same temps as new.

Another mistake some consumers make with new fridges or freezers is they transport them on their side vs upright to get them home, then use them right away. This causes the oil inside the compressor to leak into the refrigeration system. You need to store a fridge or freezer upright for 24 hrs before using, otherwise that leaked oil could cause a breakdown due to system blockage.

The newer fridges and freezers also have integral coils that are not exposed to dust build-up, so they don't need cleaning, and can't be anyway.

Fridges and freezers are definitely two appliance types that you need to read between the lines when it comes to internet reviews. ;) Maybe someone should make a Refrigeration Repair Simulator game, where you get extra XP for giving the customer a brief tutorial on what to do and what not to do. :D

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Edit: My microwave from college finally died last year. Was a sad moment, but my new microwave is amazing. You just hit a button and it properly cooks anything.
Mine never did die! I inherited a newer one, though, and started using that. My old one is still down in the basement, though, just in case the newer one breaks.

My wife, lol. She's going out of town, so I took her to Enterprise to rent a car this morning. As we were pulling into the parking lot, she said she got a discount by going "pot luck" and not selecting a specific car.

So she goes in and comes out a minute later.

"They gave me a damn Kia," she said.

"Hahaha Hope you make it to Maryland." I said.

So I drive home and had only been back a few minutes when my phone rang. Apparently the Kia wasn't aligned properly and she was constantly having to steer to the left just to keep it on the road, so she turned around and went back to Enterprise and told them she wasn't going to drive all the way to Maryland like that, so the lady apologized and gave her an Audi S8. which costs about $120,000. I told her to bring it home and take our Ford Flex, and I'd drive the Audi, but she didn't like that idea.

Off topic PCG article: https://www.pcgamer.com/elon-musk-s...google-require-on-social-apps-makes-no-sense/

Unfortunately, there really isn't an alternative to Twitter for what Twitter does. Facebook is only for connecting with people you don't remember from high school. TikTok is just videos of idiots, and Instagram is mostly for Photoshopped pictures of your butt.

Hey, if Musk gets rid of blocking, does that mean I can finally continue my argument with Tim Sweeney? I still don't think Microsoft is planning to make Windows a closed system like Apple.

Edit: Wait, didn't Facebook just start a Twitter-like service? That's why Goober and Goober II are trying to have a cage fight?

Edit: Wait, didn't Facebook just start a Twitter-like service? That's why Goober and Goober II are trying to have a cage fight?

I think Meta's version is called Threads. There's several other versions now as well, like Mastodon and Bluesky.

I've never used Twitter, there doesn't seem to be much worthwhile you can say in 140 characters or less.

TikTok is pretty similar to YouTube: most of it is terrible, but once you've found a couple of good creators you can ignore the rest.

I only use Facebook nowadays for a group in my city where people post stuff they want to get rid of. I've gotten some free second-hand furniture that way.

Are there chiropractors in Europe or is Europe too well educated and rational for their BS?

We have them in the Netherlands as well. It's hard finding statistics about how popular they are exactly, but I did find that ~6% of Dutch people have gone to "alternative health practitioners".

For the US I only found some statistics broken down by ethnicity, but it seems to be at least twice as popular over there.

Reactions: ZedClampet
We have them in the Netherlands as well. It's hard finding statistics about how popular they are exactly, but I did find that ~6% of Dutch people have gone to "alternative health practitioners".

For the US I only found some statistics broken down by ethnicity, but it seems to be at least twice as popular over there.
It's deeply entrenched here. They spend a fortune on advertising and lobbying. Chiropractic services are even covered by Medicaid and Medicare, the two forms of government paid health insurance-Medicaid is provided to the poor and Medicare is for retirees.

The only benefit of a Chiropractor comes from incidental stretching, which would be more effective and less dangerous coming from a physical therapist.

TRENDING THREADS