Jun 6, 2024
Visit site
While true noise cancellation is trickier at this price range, there are some excellent gaming headsets under $200 that offer very good noise isolation and great sound for gaming. Here are some options to consider:

• HyperX Cloud II: This wired headset is a classic for a reason. It delivers clear, crisp audio, a comfortable design, and a detachable noise-canceling microphone – all for under $100.
  • SteelSeries Arctis 1: Another wired option, the Arctis 1 is known for its comfortable fit and decent sound isolation. It also has a good microphone and comes in various styles to match your setup.
  • Razer BlackShark V2 X: This wired headset prioritizes comfort with plush ear cups and a lightweight design. It features good sound isolation and a clear microphone, making it a solid choice for gamers on a budget.
Keep in mind: At this price point, active noise cancellation (ANC) is uncommon. These options focus on passive noise isolation through the physical design of the headset.

Here are some resources that compare different gaming headsets under $200 to help you decide:

• [Laptop Magazine: Best gaming headsets under $200](review of gaming headsets for under $200)
  • [GamesRadar: Best gaming headsets overall](article with section on best budget options)

Reactions: Why_Me
I use Philips ANC H8506 wireless when I play Zelda: Tears of Kingdom on Switch and it has some of the best noise cancellation I have ever tried. I have a small river next to my condo that makes sweet noises but you do hear it and when I turn the noise cancellation on my headphones I can't hear it at all with the window slightly open, so I'd say that is pretty good. It also has good BASS and is not that expensive. Obviously, you can get better headsets for gaming, but as for noise cancellations, I'd say you get your money's worth. Check out some reviews and see if it is up your alley, I'm happy at least. The battery is good (not charged yet, supposedly it lasts for 60 hours) and the wireless distance is around 10 meters.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Related Question: Does having active noise cancellation use up the battery much faster?
Probably Yes. As the electronics needed to run ANC are extra ones that wouldn't need to be running if headphones let you turn it off. All of them probably use an array of microphones in the ear cups to pick up extra sound and then they have to produce white noise to cancel the extra sound out. None of this is needed with ANC off.
I can't turn it off in mine so I can't say for sure. But it makes sense that it would.
Would it be better getting wired or is wireless still viable?
It depends if you want to have to think about charging them again. You can get wireless Headsets with up to 80 hours of battery, one I saw advertises 60 with ANC on.

I f I were to buy one now I would get a
but you won't find it for the price required in this thread.
They don't have anc anyway. They block sound with their ear pads and volume.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts