Doom: The Dark Ages

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I've been gaming for more than 30 years, experience (and the industry) have taught me that most games are nothing but pure hype or BS (lets not all forget about The Day Before). I just generally don't get excited about games anymore........BUT I am so freakin STOKED for this.. there just isnt any good twitch franchises like this around anymore. Doom is an awesome IP with a tremendous history behind it and lots of die hard fans (also see Wolfenstein series - New Colossus was EPIC). I think the only complaint I have had over the years is that there hasn't been more of these kinds of games released. I mean seriously - I cant be the only one who LOVES these "oldschoolesque" twitch shooters

These are the kind of games that got me started.... Hard Reset, Legendary, Doom 3, Wolfenstein, Heretic - pure and absolute carnage in a way that only this genre can deliver. The previous titles were just about everything you could ask for technically, they run so great on just about anything- here's hoping they don't give it the "Enhanced" treatment and release a half polished turd that isn't runnable at 1080p by anything but a 4090 + 14900k. I have been very patiently waiting for a follow up to Doom and Doom Eternal and I think this whole medieval spin is an awesome, fresh face for the franchise.... They kinda have the ability to take Doomguy anywhere in space and time... GIVE US MORE!

I've been gaming for more than 30 years, experience (and the industry) have taught me that most games are nothing but pure hype or BS (lets not all forget about The Day Before). I just generally don't get excited about games anymore........BUT I am so freakin STOKED for this.. there just isnt any good twitch franchises like this around anymore. Doom is an awesome IP with a tremendous history behind it and lots of die hard fans (also see Wolfenstein series - New Colossus was EPIC). I think the only complaint I have had over the years is that there hasn't been more of these kinds of games released. I mean seriously - I cant be the only one who LOVES these "oldschoolesque" twitch shooters

These are the kind of games that got me started.... Hard Reset, Legendary, Doom 3, Wolfenstein, Heretic - pure and absolute carnage in a way that only this genre can deliver. The previous titles were just about everything you could ask for technically, they run so great on just about anything- here's hoping they don't give it the "Enhanced" treatment and release a half polished turd that isn't runnable at 1080p by anything but a 4090 + 14900k. I have been very patiently waiting for a follow up to Doom and Doom Eternal and I think this whole medieval spin is an awesome, fresh face for the franchise.... They kinda have the ability to take Doomguy anywhere in space and time... GIVE US MORE!
ID Tech has run brilliantly in Doom and Wolfenstein far as I know, dont see any reason this wouldnt be the same.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Fantasy Doom... does that make this a new Quake game or a new Heretic/Hexen game? ;)

I liked Doom Eternal, but I hated the lore. Going back and exploring it more doesn't sound fun at all. The game might be great, though I wonder if I might have just as much fun playing Doom 2016 again - it's been several years now, so I won't remember much from my first playthrough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts