Struggling to choose a gaming keyboard - what do you think?

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I must have spent around 4 hours trying to choose a gaming mouse & keyboard last night. I settled with a Razer DeathAdder v2 mouse which I am happy with but cannot choose a keyboard! I read a lot of reviews and settled on a few 60% keyboards but now I can’t decide if I need a full keyboard for pc gaming and in particular fps games. Some say it is useful some say it isn’t?! Particularly for cs go.

I chose a few full keyboards then read the latency was rubbish!

Here are some 60% ones that looks good:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/duck...aming-keyboard-cherry-blue-bla-kb-2av-dk.html

Ideally I’d like a full length ones but I don’t really want to spend over £110 for a keyboard…

I found some full keyboards but as I say I read the latency or durability wasn’t great 😳

I really wanted a Xtrfy K4 TKL but there are none in stock anywhere in the UK.

I guess my questions are what are your thoughts on a 60% keyboard , if no for mainly fps do you have any recommendations for decent full length ones that aren’t £150 plus - if 60% is absolutely fine then do you have any thoughts on the ones I’ve found.

Cheers!

I have nothing, but this guy is generally my main stop for peripherals:

Check the link in my sig, bottom row. Dunno if any of the older threads here might help, eg:

no gaming chair link @Brian Boru ?

Not worth a full link, since there's only THE ONE:

aQymDyi.png

Reactions: Colif
Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I have nothing, but this guy is generally my main stop for peripherals:

Check the link in my sig, bottom row. Dunno if any of the older threads here might help, eg:

Brilliant thanks as always - I may have found one based on this and Colif’s reply which I’ll reply to !

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Steelseries Apex are nice, I almost got one last time but not sure I need that much control over when a key bottoms out.

I use a Corsair K70 RGB Mk1

Don't buy:
  • Redragon
  • Razer
lots of rgb, not so great software... funny, applies to both.

no gaming chair link @Brian Boru ?
Cheers that’s helpful - there’s quite a few k70 name variations 😵‍💫 but I have found this - is the same as yours?

I’m going to sound like a right rookie - but the number pad on that…it’s not a number pad…it has different labels. Is that the norm and is it still classed as a ‘full keyboard’? As I say it’ll mostly be for fps games.

If that is yours and it’s good to go I might just get that As I’m losing the will 😂

No, mines not so special

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/p/key...aming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red-uk-ch-9119010-uk is a newer model.

Corsair list 332 K70 keyboards on their site so I can understand not finding it. Main difference is language of KB (locations of some symbols also change, @ is in a different place on UK keybaords compared to US). And what switches

This might be mine - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/key...gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-ch-9109012-na

I’m going to sound like a right rookie - but the number pad on that…it’s not a number pad…it has different labels. Is that the norm and is it still classed as a ‘full keyboard’? As I say it’ll mostly be for fps games.
tkl = ten keyless = no numb pad. The area you looking at normally sits between letter keys and numbpad. its where Home, Insert, Page UP, Page Down, Delete & End are. Those are probably symbols you can see.

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
No, mines not so special

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/p/key...aming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red-uk-ch-9119010-uk is a newer model.

Corsair list 332 K70 keyboards on their site so I can understand not finding it. Main difference is language of KB (locations of some symbols also change, @ is in a different place on UK keybaords compared to US). And what switches

This might be mine - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/key...gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-ch-9109012-na

tkl = ten keyless = no numb pad. The area you looking at normally sits between letter keys and numbpad. its where Home, Insert, Page UP, Page Down, Delete & End are. Those are probably symbols you can see.
Very helpful thanks - finally found this : https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-k70-rgb-mk2-rapidfire-rgb-cherry-mx-speed-mechanical-full-size-wired-1000hz-anti-ghost-usb#:~:text=Durable Aluminium Frame,thousands of hours of gameplay.

I think that is yours? if not similar and is the cherry mx speed version - I’m going to get it and cheaper than the others so thank you. Presuming it will work on windows 11

As a fan of logitec since the 90s i run a logitech now aswell. G915 TKL. Bit expencive but I'm happpy with it for now, I had my first one replaced on warranty a few months ago because the buttons randomly stoped working so heres hoping this one keeps it self in check.

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I'd buy hyperx - affordable,and build quality on mine is fantastic.
As a fan of logitec since the 90s i run a logitech now aswell. G915 TKL. Bit expencive but I'm happpy with it for now, I had my first one replaced on warranty a few months ago because the buttons randomly stoped working so heres hoping this one keeps it self in check.
Cheers both - I ended up getting a Corsair K70 MK2 in the end

Reactions: Brian Boru and D10S
The keyboards I remember... I have had more, I used to buy a new one every few years, mostly logitech office keyboards. None stand out.

Gaming keyboards
Microsoft Sidewinder... they made good hardware, shame they stopped. It might look tkl but its not, it had a dettachable numbpad connected by magnets. could attach either side of kb. I only used it without numbpad
Razer - I think I had 2 Black widows, they both died too fast. I also missed the backlighting from the Microsoft KB so decided next would at least have that. Razer Synapse is enough to stop me recommending them - their software sucks.
Logitech G910 - was a good keyboard, its my spare actually. I broke the end key but as I never use the end key, its not a big deal. They make good hardware, since they have been doing it forever
Corsair... well, its my current one. Apart from keys getting dust under them and not working until I clean them, no real complaints.

The keyboards I remember... I have had more, I used to buy a new one every few years, mostly logitech office keyboards. None stand out.

Gaming keyboards
Microsoft Sidewinder... they made good hardware, shame they stopped. It might look tkl but its not, it had a dettachable numbpad connected by magnets. could attach either side of kb. I only used it without numbpad
Razer - I think I had 2 Black widows, they both died too fast. I also missed the backlighting from the Microsoft KB so decided next would at least have that. Razer Synapse is enough to stop me recommending them - their software sucks.
Logitech G910 - was a good keyboard, its my spare actually. I broke the end key but as I never use the end key, its not a big deal. They make good hardware, since they have been doing it forever
Corsair... well, its my current one. Apart from keys getting dust under them and not working until I clean them, no real complaints.
I am allso running a g910 as backup, I didn't realy replace it because i needed to but because i have had it for so long i felt like i wanted something new. Can't quite remember when i bought my 910 but it had not been on the market for long so hmmm dunno, 2015 maybe.

its more fun if you have more corsair stuff in PC. I have Corsair AIO & RGB Ram. 5 colour profiles in Icue, press the color change button on kb and it all changes. Or just don't... its up to you.

most of my kb color layouts are similar though. Used to have moving patterns on them but its distracting

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts