Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
Horizon Zero Dawn:

ePNPVgG.jpg

EoRR0FC.jpg

HHCtRLZ.jpg

t8TenFO.jpg

eddU9p2.jpg

y7ur3Mi.jpg

NMJMZUZ.jpg

dwsLJOY.jpg

8OQMoHQ.jpg

nQIjcMi.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
Let's see, what's after Skyrim? South Park. Beautiful South Park screenshots. Well, this won't take long...

full

And that'll be about it. Better than Spore at least. The Stanley Parable is sitting at one, too:

full

Ah, here we go! Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has some nice ones. There was something really weird going on with the game's textures and edges for me, though, causing strange pixel effects. I never did figure out why.
full

Zloth

Community Contributor
Are these games set in an open-world?
Not Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It all takes place in zones. The zones are pretty big but there's typically only a few paths through them. That said, I was quite impressed with the level design. They do a good job of opening up shortcuts so you don't have to go through the whole thing when you re-visit a planet. (And you re-visit them quite a bit.)

full

This place might be just a tiny bit evil.
full

Zloth

Community Contributor
Right about par, I would say. Gameplay is in the same genre as Tomb Raider: action and some puzzles. The story wasn't great but it wasn't bad, either. Voice acting is quite good. Fighting is pretty well done.

One tricky bit with the fighting: you get a certain number of health stims in your droid. When you want to heal, you request one from your droid and inject (?) yourself with it. You can't do that and flail away with your saber at the same time! On paper, I love this idea. In practice, though, it really got on my nerves. I haven't really noticed anyone else complaining, though, so maybe that's just me?

Oh, and it's the first game that I've ever started playing with mouse/keyboard then switched to controller. You don't do any shooting so m/k doesn't help aim but you do need to push your number keys quickly and often - something I can't do well in an action game. Like many fighting games, controller just worked better for me on this one.

The game didn't seem worth $60 to me but it's often on sale for half that, which makes a lot more sense.

P.S. I beat one nasty optional boss and earned... this!?
full

Zloth

Community Contributor
Some Halloween fun....

Most scary door in any game ever:
full

She's REALLY upset
full

Totally not lied to by my album covers
full

Slyzards really creep me out
full

Trick or Children!
full

As you might guess, vampires live here.
full

Hard to tell what Triss is doing here but trust me, it's very scary!
full

(Games: Oblivion, Shivering Isle expansion
Alice: Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, The Fate of Atlantis DLC
Witcher 3
Witcher 3
Skryim, that DLC with the vampires
Witcher 3)

TRENDING THREADS