Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 17 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Well, Wizardry and Wolfenstein haven't got much for beautiful. On to the X series! This is X3: Terran Conflict (possibly with some Albion Prelude mixed in)

Argon Gladiator

Argon Heavy Centaur (prototype)

Boron Barracudas with a Thresher off to the left

Boron A-Wing (yeah, there's modding in this game)

Reactions: mainer

Frindis

Jan 14, 2020
With you on that @mainer. While I did like some of the characters, combat/weapons, and environments, I thought the story, A. I and the horrible way they implemented the invisible walls was too much to handle. They could have done MUCH with this game but decided to make it extremely lightweight and with not much to really do when it comes down to it. The dialogue thingy they so blatantly bragged about, could have been done with a lot more zest also.

• Love
Nov 27, 2020
With you on that @mainer. While I did like some of the characters, combat/weapons, and environments, I thought the story, A. I and the horrible way they implemented the invisible walls was too much to handle. They could have done MUCH with this game but decided to make it extremely lightweight and with not much to really do when it comes down to it. The dialogue thingy they so blatantly bragged about, could have been done with a lot more zest also.
Yes, and I think that was the most disappointing aspect of OW, knowing what it could have been, and what Obsidian is capable of, but what they gave us felt more like a rough draft of an RPG, rather than a fleshed out world, story, and companions.

Reactions: Frindis

Zloth

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Goner Ranger

A lost Mako

Naginata with a fighter docked on the wing

I really loved building monster complexes of stations, even if they destroyed my frame rate

ASK THE COMMUNITY