YT channels and random interests.

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Hah, I got Bauxite once in a game, was a bit chuffed. Never heard of the archaic version tho, how did yer man know it?

Crazy game tho, almost no defensive play—if a triple opens, you grab it if for no other reason than to block the other guy.

I don't think I ever got over 400 in a game, 850 is crazy!

Guess it would be unfair to put really long obscure words into wordle

It would, Wordle is a 5-letter game.

Hah, I got Bauxite once in a game, was a bit chuffed. Never heard of the archaic version tho, how did yer man know it?
How they do it is a mystery.

I trained to work in a postal job a long time ago and we were asked to learn 2500 suburb names around Australia and match them to the post codes... I had no clue how you meant to do that, let alone learn every word in a Dictionary well enough to be able to reject words if they are wrong.

Now computers do that job. Nigel (the guy who won French championships) has a better hit rate than an AI that was created to play scrabble. He lost 11 games in 500 odd, next closest player is on 200 losses. AI lost 40.

he is a freak. But in a good way.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dreams cost too much now
Almost $USD900 for one day... over 4k for a week. Its cheaper to go anywhere else in the world rather than Disney world.

I don't like theme rides or crowds so never wanted to go to this anyway... just as well as closest one to me is in Japan.

Last edited:
Almost $USD900 for one day

:eek:

I went once, to Orlando. It was in early 00s, there were 6 of us, and it cost ~$350 all-in incl transport and food.

I don't like theme rides or crowds so never wanted to go to this anyway

I would decline if offered a free trip. It was an interesting day for sure, but not remotely enjoyable—1-2-hour standing waits for 5-10-minute 'events'. So for sure a one-off.

They overcharging for dream fulfillment. And nostalgia. Current Disney is living off past success. They don't invest much into parks now, its more about value extraction. They made 300 billion on the parks last year... they sucking all the money out of the people who visit. Parks are the only profitable arm. Though losing the ability to pretend to be a Govt in Florida is going to cost them a lot going forward. They can't double dip on tax anymore.

Many of the previously free services are now charged.
Used to get free transport to park - not anymore
used to be able to have a free way to skip lines, not anymore... want to skip, that will be 20 to 40 more for ride... if its offered on that ride. Methods used to be park wide, now every ride has different charges. He paid $86 extra to get both of them on a TRON ride that lasts one minute.

The actual experience doesn't sound like it has changed, standing in line all day for 1 minutes on a ride isn't my idea of efficient time usage.

I am sorry, I am sure I can find lots of things I can buy for almost $USD900 and I will get to enjoy them for way longer than 1 day.

TRENDING THREADS