YT channels and random interests.

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Was great with Stephen Fry, in this and also Jeeves & Wooster :)
Yes there's a lot of intelligent comedy and comment with many of those comedians of a certain generation, something to do with them studying at Cambridge uni, Footlights, etc.

And Hugh shows his acting range from Bertie Wooster to House. Also P.G. Wodehouse's insights into the upper classes, former, nod to Conan Doyle in latter.

a lot of intelligent comedy and comment with many of those comedians of a certain generation, something to do with them studying at Cambridge uni, Footlights, etc
Well they had only 3 choices really—in order of oh-no-I-couldn'tness:
♣ Transfer to Oxford
♦ Wallow in the surreal
♥ Spy for the Soviets

They should've never canceled that Burgess & Mclean show, see how that turned out.

Well they had only 3 choices really—in order of oh-no-I-couldn'tness:
♣ Transfer to Oxford
♦ Wallow in the surreal
♥ Spy for the Soviets

They should've never canceled that Burgess & Mclean show, see how that turned out.
Never watched Blackadder. I think as soon as I see costume drama:sleep:

Most unis do teach radical; psychology, politics, feminism, thinking, but I think Cambridge must had special subversion classes which gave us Peter Cook's satire, a generation of comedians and a few spies.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Never watched Blackadder. I think as soon as I see costume drama:sleep:
Your loss. Its not drama, its comedy. The costumes are just a setting, not the subject. The fact it bounces between ages with same cast in different roles is one clue. The video I linked includes a skit about the first dictionary and blackadder has fun saying a bunch of made up words that aren't in this book of every word...

Uni in the years these people went through them were more classical than the current ones. They taught you to think, not what to think. They wanted you to challenge ideas, not just listen and believe.

Uni in these years and previous also created many of the classic comedians of the past. Monty Python comes to mind.

Shame uni's now won't ever create classic comedians. Laughing at other people is offensive now. How we have slipped so far in just 50 years...

Your loss. Its not drama, its comedy. The costumes are just a setting, not the subject. The fact it bounces between ages with same cast in different roles is one clue. The video I linked includes a skit about the first dictionary and blackadder has fun saying a bunch of made up words that aren't in this book of every word...

Uni in the years these people went through them were more classical than the current ones. They taught you to think, not what to think. They wanted you to challenge ideas, not just listen and believe.

Uni in these years and previous also created many of the classic comedians of the past. Monty Python comes to mind.

Shame uni's now won't ever create classic comedians. Laughing at other people is offensive now. How we have slipped so far in just 50 years...
Oh I know what it is, it's just some comedy appeals others don't. I do dislike costume dramas because I get bored by people looking backwards.

I think you do still get radical thinkers at uni, some tutors promote it, some students question their tutors, but reality often hits with the student loan.

I think there is intelligence behind; Cook, Monty Python, Fry and Laurie, Mitchell and Webb to some comedians now. They can say truths and get away with it.(or just say 'only joking').

I'm sure it must have occurred to many of us> start a YT channel and get companies to send us loads of free high end tech.

This is a mad one from DIY Perks. After seeing how companies are trying to put data centres under the ocean, for cooling and to save them from EMP's, he decides to put all that free high end tech in his garden pond.
It really does cool the electronics significantly, prolongs the life of components and with the amount of power and heat they give out + no dust issues, hey why not.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFswDJPvtPY&ab_channel=DIYPerks

Which game will be first to put a data center behind a waterfall?
Now you know that's only where they hide stuff in games.:)

I can see it as a possibility, when you saw the difference between component temps with a normal set up and how the heat could be dissipated through a copper pipe plumbing system into water.

Maybe I'll go from heating my room like at present, to plumbing a future PC into the flat's radiator system. In the video it looks amazing, circular perspex around the PC and all the fish looking in at it lights.

View: https://youtu.be/O1zyy3_Zux4

One of the best videos I’ve seen all year. Stylish editing, great visuals, and a premise that is sure to have you thinking back to the first time you ever saw game graphics that blew you away. He makes a bittersweet point that unfortunately, we can’t see the world through brand new eyes again. We always put “old stuff” up to the standards of “new stuff”. No matter how hard you try, you will never see Half Life 2 for the first time ever again, you will never have that mind blowing moment of seeing Source engine physics for the first time ever again. You will never get that feeling of something being brand new and how much it affected you, when it’s no longer brand new. A lot of gamers have trouble playing older games because their standards of what games should look and feel like change every year as we continue to push boundaries and possibilities of what we can do with video games. He makes a good point with Chrono Trigger too. I can absolutely appreciate the games’ beauty and understand how revolutionary it was for 16-bit graphics at the time, but in the decades since, we have had more games with pixel graphics that look even better. Knowing that, you can easily see the flaws and imperfections Chrono Trigger has for a 1995 game. We can always appreciate the impact these games had when they were new, when the industry wasn’t so saturated, when people have not yet seen better things, but the sad truth is it’s hard to see these things with a fresh perspective when we are so used to newer, different technology.

Reactions: Zloth
Still watch Zero Punctuation sometimes so glad to see Yahtzees back up and running straight away.

Been a lot of groups of journos leaving various bigger sites and starting up their own thing recently. Nextlander came out of Giant Bomb a couple of years ago, Waypoint got binned by Vice and came back as Remap Radio this year, theres MinnMax, some people from Kotaku started up something called Aftermath recently IIRC. Probably more I dont know about.

Everyones getting tired of chasing the SEO, wonder how many of them theres space for. Considering they dont need to chase exponentially bigger profits for management they can probably survive with a few thousand loyals on Patreon, so maybe theres room.

Management wants to extract value from the things they own and then dump the remains. At least, that is the appearance from what happened to The Escapist. They were bought a few years ago but were being picked apart to point it would have just been Yahtzee as the only one they really cared about, and wanted him to push out 2 episodes a week... so play 2 games in half the time... shows how little they understand.

they landed on their feet, everyone on internet suddenly rememebered Zero Punctuation, as it had been a constant for 16 years and no one ever thought it stop. Their discord server is BIG and they got 70k Youtube members in little over a weekend.

TRENDING THREADS