YT channels and random interests.

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I've been listening to the Good In Theory podcast. Politics and philosophy put simply starting from Socrates to Plato and onwards, and feels like you might have to be sympathetic to the authors readings of those works at some points.

Not a field I'm an expert in by a long shot, but the way a lot of todays events and happenings can be related to the thoughts of ancient philosophers and civilizations is fascinating to me.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
View: https://youtu.be/DVPlKi-VUSE

Ahhhh, that takes me back - all the way back to Air Warrior days, playing an MMO pre-internet. There was a group of players that all knew each other... somehow. Playing single player flight sims, maybe? Anyway, they would all gather together at pre-arranged times and take off together. They were, however, very new to the game - and playing against nice, fair-minded AIs in video games is not like playing against humans. So, when they took off, they were pretty easy to shoot down. What's more, they didn't seem to understand the concept of "there's an enemy swarm at this airport, we should go to another" - so they would keep trying to take off. They would be lucky to get their engines turned on before they would get destroyed.

They did figure it out pretty quickly, but everyone else playing also starting figuring out when that group would play. People would log in specifically so they could feast upon them.

I, of course, would never do such a thing. Oh no! I was the guy that took a bomber over to blast the automated flak defense turrets. And maybe a few fighters would get blown up by the bombs, too. (I had to be careful - if too many bombs hit the landing strip, it gets closed and the feast will have to move.)

• Haha
A couple of YT channels I've been enjoying.

DIY Perks and Basically Homeless

They both create DIY tech projects and there is some competition between them.

Matt (DIY Perks) built some high quality audio speakers using a 3D printer. Jobs like that always take more time than imagined and he went through several prototypes.

But he builds them and shows you how good they are when gaming on a PC. Plus he gives the plans to print your own and points towards the software to check the audio output.

He also wanted to build an 'invisible PC', and hid all the hardware inside the desk itself. The screen folded down from a shelf.

The Basically Homeless guy then wants to go one better and creates a hologram screen. He also creates a virtual mouse with a lot of coding.

It may not be something you want, but it is interesting experimentation. Of course in the future we will play games inside our minds and just think the moves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCiUuBx06kg&ab_channel=BasicallyHomeless

Same here :D

My quick glance after WTF suggests all 3 methods are riffs on 7x1 + 7x3 = 28, so that's the first route I'll try if I ever don't feel like playing.

@ZedClampet is handy with math too if I recall correctly, and has too much time on his hands… ;)
They changed a rule and applied it consistently, so it gives the wrong answers consistently.

6*12=18, 18/6=1 +12/6=2 =12
7*13=28, 28/7=1 +21/7=3 =13
8*14=40, 40/8 = 1 + 32/8=4 = 14
9*15=54, 54/9 = 1 +45/9 =5 =15
10*16=70, 70/10=1 +60/10=6=16
11*17=88, 88/11=1+77/11=7=17

It sort of breaks down before 6 and needs a new rule, but as long as you embrace the nonsense I guess you can keep going by adjusting math as needed

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS