Giveaway Win an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset in our SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign

Page 6 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Visit site
I have a friend who has disability and I am helping him how ever I can. Like he can't even press R button to reload his weapon in games so I've got him a voice command program so he can press buttons over voice commands. He was happy that he can play better. I was happy to made something easier for him. Now seeing this and knowing more poeple will feel like my friend felt, helped me more than I've helped my friend. Thank you. Now I need to go and find that ninja who is cutting onions in my room!

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I've known about SpecialEffect for a long time and they've quickly become one of my favorite charities - great to see them getting even more time in the spotlight. Their work is simply fantastic and the smile they put on kids' faces is priceless.

Reactions: SWard
May 6, 2020
Visit site
Gaming is such a good way to connect people of all backgrounds and this needs more exposure. Its really great to see gaming in a helpful positive light. The smiles say it all!

May 6, 2020
Visit site
I have an aunt who is blind, who used to play video games daily before her vision took a turn for the worse. It's good to know that there are people out there trying to make a difference for those who just want to enjoy this hobby, but can't due to a disability.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
I honestly hadn't heard of this organisation before. Such a great cause. For a lot of people games are a form of escape, support, community etc. Gaming brings people together and any charity that makes this easier and more accessible to those who rely on or benefit from it can make a huge difference for so many.

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
I used to do a monthly donation (back when I had actual hours in my job) to Special Effect and would love to again. I found out about them a few years ago at a gaming event in Birmingham and was pretty taken aback when I realised how important gaming would be to someone who can't do what I could every day. I tried one of their tools, eye tracking in Dirt was hella cool, and saw this brilliant work they were doing and thought it was a very worthy cause so I decided to find out more about them. They've been on my radar since then and are still one of my favourite charities

May 6, 2020
Visit site
This campaign is really awesome of you to do, no one should be excluded from enjoying video games and it's honestly heartwarming to see this community get involved with helping people!

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Ive been a gamer since I was like 4 and has been such an important outlet in my life. The thing about gaming is it doesn’t matter who you are behind the screen, it is such an inclusive environment. I think that’s what’s so perfect it makes the gaming community bigger, more personalities and people to meet. I have worked with people with additional needs since I was 17 and I know how hard it can be just something simple as an hour or two worth of gaming a day for rest bite could really make their whole day.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Playing games has helped me through some tough periods of my life and given me countless hours of joy and memories, I think its fantastic that those of us with disabilities are able to share in those memories thanks to specialeffect.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
I think this is a great way to help disabled members of our society join a more exposed community while having fun. It gives them a chance to connect and engage in a fun activity too. Especially now with the way the world is going; its thoughtful charities like this that can make a real difference in how disabled people are perceived by our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS