Competition Win an EPIC Black Edition gaming chair from noblechairs!

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Half Life.

When the FPS genre went from "start with a gun and kill everything" to actually having a story. I still remember the initial tram ride and wondering "what is this? Where is my gun?". It really changed the genre for the better and deserves its pile of game of the year awards.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
It has to be Bloodborne. The gameplay is phenomenal, the atmosphere fantastic and the story is damn interesting. And I even don't like that much horor games. But that game changed it forever.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
My favourite game? Original Starcraft?
Maybe that forward-only time machine that is Civ?
Alpha Centauri?
All games I love.
Same for the Zelda series.

But I'm gonna go with Half-Life and Counter-Strike. The originals. HL2, Source & Go are amazing games, but HL & CS were there for me at a time when gaming was becoming something I was focusing on and helped get me through some tough times.

Reactions: Elenuial
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
BioShock for sure. The only game I have tattoo'd on me. I always enjoyed video games, but the environmental storytelling of BioShock was really the first game where I *got it*, how special the video game medium is. It is also my most replayed game ever, as I just love exploring Rapture.

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
Even though it could often be 'not fun', I would have to give the gold to Everquest.

Being deep in a dungeon & suddenly the mobs respawn quickly and everyone just basically finds an exit and starts running.

Dying was punishing (losing your 'hell level', all your primary gear, your learnt spells). No one stuck around and just waited to respawn and go fetch your things as a non corporeal entity.

Though what a feeling of accomplishment for what you earned & looted. Also the PvP wasn't just a mechanical meta-gaming construct, it was actually part of the setting / storyline.

Great memories!
Edit:
Honourable mention goes out to Baseball & Utopia on the Mattel Intellivision. Best controller ever for a baseball game.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Favorite game of all time? Doom 2. its been there all my life from when i was 8 yrs old. I've played this game on and off throughout my childhood, my teens and my adult life. With an active and passionate modding community buiilding content its unlikely to change anytime soon.

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Bordlands(1)! Great story line that had me pulled in! Great characters with their goofy quirks(looking at you tk and scooter). A game that created a genre and that is replayable to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS