Competition Win an EPIC Black Edition gaming chair from noblechairs!

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
My favorite game is hard to choose but Borderlands 2 and Grand Theft Auto 5 are top 2, I have over 3000 hours in borderlands 2 alone it was such a great game and way too much fun

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Has to be the first cyberpunk MMOFPS Neocron, I spent many an hour killing warbots and enjoying a fantastic story. Hopefully at some point we’ll get a brand new neocron 3!

Sev

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
It's got to be Metal Gear Solid for me. Mainly because it was probably the first game that I've completed and replayed many times in order to unlock the special items while trying to trigger the secrets. It was also the first game that I played which had stealth elements and I have since realised that I do enjoy.

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
My all time favourite game is going to be aliens vs predator , the multiplayer back in the day had me hooked and didn’t want to stop playing this was actually a tricky decision seen as I love a lot of games halo, call of duty and more

I didnt think this would be as hard a question to chose 1 all time favorite, but i would have to go with Halo Combat Evolved. It was just such a great story and the gunplay in it was so snappy. It felt good all around, i still remember to this day getting for christmas and being like "what the hell is this? Some space game im not gonna like" and just having my expectations being blown away.

This is a tough one for me, because it really depends on my mood. Hmm.

[An hour later after writing out a list of favorites and arbitrarily narrowing it down in a Sweet Sixteen style bracket fashion...]

Okay. After giving it way too much thought and agonizing over the answer (since sweepstakes would know if I lied, of course), my pick for "all time favorite game" is....

"Sam & Max Hit The Road."

This was a tough choice! SO many good games. I almost picked Knights Of The Old Republic, or the first Fallout, or Curse of Monkey Island*, but the first Sam & Max game was practically life-changing for me when it came out 27 years ago, and so many of the in-jokes with my wife stem from random lines from this game. I can't count the number of times we've had reason to say "Are you as confused as I am?" - "Moreso!"

So, while I'm by no means saying it is "the best game ever," at the end of the proverbial (or is it metaphorical) day, Sam & Max is my favorite. It's the only game for which I've bought merch and pursued every iteration of the characters, even their "meh" animated series. And I was thrilled when they showed up in TellTale's cameo-riddled poker titles. I'm not a big poker fan, but I play those just to hear Max's lines.

(* - Honorable mentions also go to Skyrim, Civ V, Age of Empires III, and Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within.)

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
All time favorite game...... that's a tough one.

If I had to pick just one.... it would probably be The Witcher 3. The voice acting and the beautiful story telling are just wonderful. The Mass Effect trilogy is a close close second. Seeing the story end for some of those characters had me crying.

But I think as a gamer who has a varied taste, you can't just pick one. I think you have to choose best game for each genre.

RPG- As noted above, The Witcher 3 with Mass Effect being a close second.

FPS- Counter Strike- I don't think anyone has done it better. It's the perfect 5v5 especially on those classic maps such as D2. Honorable mentions - Battlefield 2 Conquest mode (especially wake island map), Battlefield 2142 Titan mode,

RTS- Sins of Solar Empire- What really stands out for me on this one is the mods. Star Trek Armada 3 is and absolutely amazing mod. I only wish they would come out with a sequel that had 64 bit support.

Simulation- Arma 3 (or the Arma series as a whole). Sure, someone might classify this has a FPS but the truth is that this game is so much more than that. Again, what makes this game some wonderful for me is the mods. You have so many different experiences. And if you doubt this game being a simulation, just go a watch a youtube video from Dslyecxi who started Shac Tac. Their motto is "serious fun"

Puzzle- Portal 2. Hands down one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Looter Shooter- Borderlands 2. The humor in the writing, the weapons, it's all amazing. Can't wait to play BL3 when it comes to steam.

Walking simulator- What Remains of Edith Finch. I'm not sure a game has ever left me so stunned at the end. Honorable mention- Firewatch.

Free to play- Warframe. It's the only F2P game that I think has a monetization model that does't screw the consumer. It's a pretty darn good game to boot.

Reactions: Krud
Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hmm... All time favourite game, that is a though choice. Borderlands 2 would be quite obvious. But my absolute favourite game of all time would definitely be Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos + Frozen Throne.

Have played the campaign each year as a tradition, just because it's that good! And of course the custom maps were awesome!

Reactions: Krud
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS