Giveaway Win a Lenovo Legion Monitor, keyboard, mouse and more from PC Gamer!

Page 14 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
My introduction to PC gaming started with TIE Fighter. I was a kid who loved Star Wars and that game just blew me away. What really sealed the deal was Diablo, though. It was my first online game. I remember my dad worked at a radio station and one of the DJs was talking to me, lent me the cd so I could install the shareware version of it. I spent so much time playing that... I think you could progress through two levels and that was it... only one of the 3 classes, too. But there was quite the little community in there that stuck solely to the shareware version. Eventually I got the full game, and loved it. That game really set in motion my love of PC gaming, to the point where I got to spend 10 years working in the video game industry before moving to a place that has nearly no industry. PC gaming has really shaped a lot of my life and I love it.

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
My first game on pc is a fuzzy memory of playing Tomb Raider and having no idea what I was doing... then I has a laptop that could run Rogue Squadron and spent hours on that!

Then finally got into MMO's through that and between that genre and VR coming out, I rock powerful laptops since I gotta travel a lot. Gotta get the daily grind in FFXIV after all ;)

May 1, 2020
Visit site
If it's computer gaming then we're probably talking a tie between Safari on the TRS-80 or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on the C-64. That was a long time ago and they short of all blend together.
Now if you want actual PC gaming, then there was plenty before it, but nothing was more important than the original Doom.

May 31, 2020
Visit site
I got into PC gaming from those basic windows games that came preinstalled on my family PC. Played Fate, pinball and polar bowler and that opened the gates the wide world of amazing pc games.

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
I got hooked on gaming while in college. I saw the original Doom playing on someone's pc. I know right then and there that I had to get a pc of my own and play this game.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
It started when I built my first pc in 2018, I tried a lot of games, but got bored of them. Played Witcher 3 for a few hours, got hooked, and finished it in like 2-3 weeks. Best game of all time in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS