What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 43 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Aug 6, 2021
Visit site
My first videogame? I think Super Mario Bros....a lot of hours jumping lol...and remember de Nintendo Game Boy Advance,cant play in the night because the screen not incluide brightness soo all my spirit gamer cant play for the night. 🤣

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
The first game I remember playing is Doom on our windows 96 or 98 I can't remember which. What I do remember is how hectic it was and the fact all you had to do is aim in the direction of enemies and you'd hit them. That and the BFG.

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
pendown on the BBC micro. i didnt have one of these new fangled contraptions, it was at school we were pretty much forced to use it.
does anyone remember pendown? ive asked all my support staff around my age if they remember this educational game which taught kids how to program,none of them know of it.
it was a black background with a white triangle (supposed to be a turtle aparently) drawing out all code directions you typed in, i think 'F350' might have been an example of the movement as the F woud have stood for forward and the number woud have been how many steps it goes-im certain thats how it worked.
some kids did amazing masterpieces with pendown,however my pendown work looked like id butchered it blindfolded,fed it to a cat and it coughed it back up as some sort of vile furball-i didntt understand numbers and i had a lot of trouble with letters and words so i just mashed whatever the hell was on the keyboard.

on the commodore 64 we had at home in the late eighties, my dad used to put on a game called split personalities which was puzzle based and rubbish, spy hunter,monty the mole on the run, bart simpsons vs the space mutants etc.

i remember when we had done good at junior school (which wasnt often for me,i was usualy kept sat in the head masters office on the floor the whole day while he scowled at me or in the computer room as they didnt know what to do with me) they woud hand out floppy disks with doom,canon fodder etc on-im certain these all had BBFC ratings of 15 or 18-we were all under 11 in junior school,jo frost (of supernanny and 'games cause violence in children' pseudo journal fame woud be having panic attacks).

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
The first game I remember playing was Commander Keen, but I didn't know it was called that. I called it the "arrow game" because you used the arrows on the keyboard to move. Despite that being the state of my early childhood, I did memorize how to boot the game from DOS (even if I didn't know what was happening) just from what to type in (as in, the sequence of keys, which was quite long). Lol.

• Haha
Aug 23, 2021
Visit site
I am old. I could go as far back as atari. But one of my favorite real games I remember was final fantasy X. I thought it was amazing. Spent many hours beating it.

The first game I played that was my favorite for a long time was Final Fantasy X. Took me hours and hors to beat it but I loved the graphic back then.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
I'm 57 and have worked in IT most of my life. My first game on any computing device was called Hamurabi or Hamurabi's Laws. I played it in 1973 at a science museum called the Omniplex. I think it was in Oklahoma City or Tulsa maybe. That game turned me into the geek I am today. I was 9 and personal computers weren't a thing just yet!

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
First game I played was probably something in the arcade - Space Invaders or Asteroids? I don't remember the first arcade game. I do remember the first time I played a 2600, and the game was Adventure. It blew my mind (and is still fun to this day).

Aug 26, 2021
Visit site
My most favourite video game is which I like that most is outlast 2 as scary and survival game great graphic and it was one of the kind of survival game

Aug 26, 2021
Visit site
Super Mario 64 DS. Had no clue how to play it, but oh man was it awesome. Grew up watching my brother play SM64 and OOT on an actual N64, so having my own was just too great. That thing never left my pocket.

Maybe Mortal Kombat on the Megadrive? Weird to think that is where it all started as I've never been much of a fighting game fan after that, other than SoulCalibur games on PS1.
Soulcalibur II for Gamecube too! Oh man that game still holds up, what a classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 6, 2021
Visit site
my first game was mario, so i guess boring as ****.

my first pc game was resident evil but i barely played it, at the name i was really young

then i remember seeing star wars games a first person star wars and it was really awesome but again i was a kid, i didnt know how wasd keys worked, i remember it was frustarting for me

TRENDING THREADS