What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game I remember playing was Midtown Madness. I'm not sure which one it was, but I remember driving a double-decker bus, trying to run over the 2D npc's, only for them to lay flat and remain unscathed. This was before I ever knew about GTA.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The first game that I remember playing was......hmmmm let me think. ...
Oh! Probably Super Mario 64. Fun game. I do not remember what device I played it on though. It was a fun game. Fun game indeed.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm a slightly older gamer and when I see some of the "first games" in this thread I feel quite old!
I feel really old when I say my first video game console was a Radofin tele-sports IV
My first computer was a ZX-81
First Game I remember playing on commodore 64 - Forbidden Forest (The first game to introduce "parallax scrolling)
Most memorable game - Megalomania
First PC game I remember playing was Bloodnet

If any of you are too young to recognise any of the games or systems I've mentioned above they are well worth a google!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
my first was with the mega drive sega and sonic 2 was my first game, as for pc games my first was between Project IGI and age of empires 2 conquerors demo

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Original Doom, not sure which one, i was extremely young at the time but my brothers would sit me on their lap when i was a toddler and i would play doom with them on our box PC when i was kid. Playing for myself when i was older enough I remember using no clip all the time and losing my sense or direction and forgetting where to go.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Do tamagotchis count? I definitely remember a tamagotchi being my intro to gaming.

After that though, My parents bought us a PlayStation and I played the Crash Bandicoot demo that came with it. I mastered the heck out of that single level.

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I think it was a game about a green worm called Lex or something like that with my mom in the PC. Either that, or detective games that I also played with her a lot. The first game I played completely by miself, though, would be the first Call of Duty, several times. Really loved that game.