What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 11 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi, one of the first games which i was playing was 'BARBARIAN'. That time i had my first PC IBM with hercules graphic and huge black and yellow colour monitor. Good old times

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I remember playing Horace Goes Skiing back in 1982, I was 8 years old.

My teacher had bought a ZX81 and it was my first experience with a home computer. Up till that point, I'd only played an Atari console.

A new world was opened up to me from that point.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
First thing i recall playing was Gaia from SNES. A hidden ARPG.
That game so dang fun and memorable. I played it many times from beginning to end and i was always missing one jewel which i could not figure out where it was. I had no PC back then and gamefaqs was still fresh lol (not that i knew what that was atm anyway). Second was Super Street Fighters 2 ( i used to get beat in that game)

May 2, 2020
Visit site
River raid on Atari, in 1988. There were such computer game saloons appearing in USSR, 1 ruble for 10 minutes of play, my grandmother let me have the pleasure.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Damn, the first game I played was so long ago, probably Virtua Cop or Spiderman. I had never played any videogames before in my life, watched only a precious little of cartoons so when the first time I saw and heard Black Cat sauntering upto Spiderman or Carnage pursuing me through the corridors or figuring out where to put the bomb, that became a turning point in my whole life. Here I am today, 16 years of gaming and counting.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Cyberia Mission Norway demo that came with our first ever pc. Although it was pre-rendered, it was pretty amazing playing stuff like that back then and the only thing I was familiar with at the time was Tetris that came on cheap portables.

It was split into a Telltale games section where you interact with the environment like talk to characters, disarm bombs(with a really cool cyberpunk UI) and a on-rails section where you're in a futuristic stealth fighter taking on an aircraft carrier then a hidden sub base and finally a sprawling military base with everything shooting at you.

Great stuff back then.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
One of the 1st games i ever remembered playing was Super Mario bros! I would spend all day with my cousins playing that. Waiting for them to die so I could play as Luigi! One of my all time favorite video game characters. Just trying to beat King Koppa " before he was bowser" and just dying. Spy hunter was another favorite driving those cars, I can't remember how many times we died lol. Every time we just tried to make it into the back of the 18 wheeler to get that upgraded!

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I don't know if games like Pong or the Atari Asteroid games count but at least I've succeeded in dating myself--so there's that. Then there were the educational games like Oregon Trail and the ever so popular Donkey Kong. After a very long hiatus, last summer/fall I upgraded my PC in a major way, and went all-in -- at least for me. I ended up purchasing an RTX-2080 graphics card which came with two games: Control and Wolfenstein: Youngblood. I felt obliged to give them both a whirl. After mastering both of those games (insert long, and sustained wink, here), I then purchased Disco Elysium and Outer Wilds. Outer Wilds was a great game but introduced me to one of the frustrations that can occur when I was near finishing and my progress settings disappeared--sigh.

In summary, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually enjoyed gaming. I always had imagined it was not for me but I quickly got hooked--even at my not so young age.

Reactions: Avalon
May 2, 2020
Visit site
My cousin introduced me to the world of gaming. I didn't own a PC at the time and he had a pentium 1 computer. I played "Dangerous Dave" and got instantly hooked. i was very little and couldn't get pass lvl 4. Later I played games like Pac man, Hercules and project IGI on my friend's computer. IGI was very popular at the time and i was obsessed. since then i've played many games over many years. I am thankful to my cousin for introducing me to the world of gaming.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The earliest one that I can recall would have to be Super Mario Bros. for the NES. I was either three or four years old at the time, and one of my Dad's friends had brought it over to play.

The first PC game that I recall would have to be a kids activity suite called Tink Tonk that came out on the Commodore 64.

Edit: After looking it up on YouTube, it was specifically Tonk In The Land of Buddy-Bots. I think my Dad got me the collection of Tink! Tonk! games, but Buddy-Bots was the one I most remembered.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS