What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
The first game I remember truly getting into was a third-person shooter on the PlayStation 1 called Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2. (I would've played SH1 first, but considering I was maybe five years old at the time...)

You're a green plastic soldier leading a squad of characters, fighting a giant army of tan soldiers. I don't remember a ton about the game, other than its mix of environments the soldiers fit right into, and "real-world" locations where they're tiny toys battling over beds and bathtubs.

This very day, somewhere lies my big plastic box of little plastic soldiers that I'd play with all the time. That game got my parents to buy a lot of molded plastic.

I played on my sibling's consoles (N64, Sega, etc), but was gifted a PS2 one Christmas which was the first console I could call mine and kick them off! I was given some cash to pick a game out and chose Sarge's Heroes for some reason lol. Fun game though! Lots of memories

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
What I remember, first game was Pong in a birthday party of my friend and also have memories of playing Out run with my neighbour.. there was few games I can't remember except Lemmings and some mining game before Wolfenstein 3D demo which was something you have never experienced before. After 20 years I finally played the whole version and got instantly hooked! Ports of call took also pretty big amount of hours of my life. When we discovered Tapan kaikki multiplayer with my friend, we were doomed..

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
Pong. I played it downstairs in the Sears Department Store in Concord New Hampshire. It was where they kept the appliance and electronics demos. It was hooked up to a television. No idea the price but I was fascinated and desperately wanted it. I was, I dunno, maybe nine years old. Long time ago. Many many years later, my first home game console was a Sega Genesis. Loved that machine. Many years later, a Sony Play Station One. Nothing after that. I have never had money, really resent the high price of consoles and high price of games.

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I don't know if it counts but my first game i remember playing was on a video game site on chrome it's name was bad ice cream.
The second was my first purchase and it was minecraft of course.
And the third was castle crushers (it was my first steam purchase)

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
First game I remember playing at all was Spin Doctor on a borrowed Mac. First game I remember playing a lot of on our own computer was the racing fame Whiplash (AKA Fatal Racing, apparently).

The first game i remember playing is Duck Hunt. The first one i actively remember is Super Mario World

Duck Hunt for me, too! We had one gun controller that worked properly and one that was a little wonky, but they looked the same so it was impossible to tell until you plugged them in and played, at which point the sibling which got the wonky gun would whine for the good gun and force a swap next game.

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
Delta Force! A big map and a sniper gun! I felt like an incredible piece then! But started playing on the clone of the ZX Spectrum computer... The games were recorded on magnetic film tapes! Look at it! Omg.. Cooool! Then Dandy and then Sega...

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I played Pong (around '76) and it was mind expanding, but I imagine my experience was the same as any toddler today picking up a smart phone. The first game that caught my total attention was Wizardry on the Apple II ('80). I was about 7, just blown away.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
The first game I ever played (that I remember) would have been Double Dragon on the Amstrad. Very Streets of Rage-eque for it's time lol. Oh how I feel old...

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I remember playing and really loved, RECOIL 1999 (PUBLISHER - Electronic Arts, Inc.)( Zipper Interactive, Inc.) my very first FPS game on my dads Compaq PC with intel pentium 3 processor ~ 933 Mhz / 320 MB ram

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I think Pac Man lol. Also, the Atari 2600 became my first console back in 1981 followed by the Atari 5600 in 1983. The ColecoVision in 1984 and in 1987 the Commodore 64 became my first computer.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS