What was the first video game you remember playing?

Page 19 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jun 22, 2020
And I thought I'd embarass myself when I said that "Ping Pong" and "Hockey" on the old 1970's rig that my parents got for free from a door to door vaccuum salesman for listening to his sales pitch. But, I see I'm not the only guy who was around in the 70's. Then my friend was lucky enough to get an Atari for Christmas and I'm thinking we played Asteroids and Stargate first.

Jun 24, 2020
I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?
Electric Racer, the video game spinoff of the 2009 reboot of the 1971 Television show

Jun 25, 2020
I'm an avid gamer, but I've been trying to think of the first games I remember playing and really loved. I remember sneaking into my cousins dad's study to boot up his mac to play Monkey Island, where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? And Myst (which I wasn't very good at). If you're a gamer, what do you remember playing and why?
My friend's dad had an original Magnavox Odyssey. You actually had to put a plastic overlay over your CRT TV screen which would inevitably be held on by static. We went over there as much as we could, but the games were kind of boring because almost everything was basically Pong.

Jun 26, 2020
My dad had bought the first tennis game that we played through our telly, using basic joysticks to ‘bat’ the ball (very, very basic line graphics) across a net.
Literally spent hours playing this in the early 80s!

Jun 28, 2020
Hi there. My first games were Quake III Arena and Tribes 2 around the year 2000. I love 3D games and I make my first games with 'GarageGames' Torque graphic machine in 2002 :)..
Ohh… I forgot to write 'for PC', I also tried some games on my old Commodore 64, but I can't remember the names of

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020
I can still remember what exactly one of my first games were, that being Sonic Rush Adventure. Finished it years later, at least technically. Always been a Sonic fan.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts