Question What is the best pc mid tower case for my hardware?

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello

I need to upgrade my pc case to something of higher quality and more ventilation than my current case. I have been recommended a Cooler Master MASTERBOX E501 based on my hardware which includes MSI Z270 Tomahawk, GTX 1060 6GB, I7 7700k and 16GB RAM. I am also hoping to upgrade to a RTX 3070 sometime next year. The problem is I need a case that supports my Blu-Ray optical drive. Let me know if the case I mentioned is good or if there are better options.

PS. I'm upgrading from a Thermaltake Versa N21.

Reactions: AdvanceCoolin

Zoid

Community Contributor
"Higher quality" is something that may mean different things to different folks when it comes to PC cases. What about your current case do you not like in terms of quality? What are you wishlist items for a new case?

As for thermals, what are your temps currently, and what fans / CPU cooler are you using?

The Cooler Master MASTERBOX E501 may not have as much airflow as the MASTERBOX NR600 which has a variant that includes an optical disk drive. The NR600 has solid airflow, though you'd probably want to replace or at least supplement the stock fans, and it's pretty inexpensive to boot.

Reactions: RMGOtaku
May 3, 2020
Visit site
"Higher quality" is something that may mean different things to different folks when it comes to PC cases. What about your current case do you not like in terms of quality? What are you wishlist items for a new case?

As for thermals, what are your temps currently, and what fans / CPU cooler are you using?

The Cooler Master MASTERBOX E501 may not have as much airflow as the MASTERBOX NR600 which has a variant that includes an optical disk drive. The NR600 has solid airflow, though you'd probably want to replace or at least supplement the stock fans, and it's pretty inexpensive to boot.

The plastic is not the best quality, it's prone to frequent dust, despite my frequent dusting, and over the last year the case has become super loud. It is also quite small so it is very difficulty to open it up and close it up after cleaning it. Quality for me is something strongly build, good ventilation, enough space for hardwares components and room for upgrade and a bonus, but not the main point, good lookng with a glass-side case.

Im not too sure about the fans and temperatures right now, so sorry, all I know is that it's quite loud. I'll look as soon as I get a chance.

That one you recommended to me sounds great and ill look into it. Thanks a ton! :)

Reactions: Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
The plastic is not the best quality, it's prone to frequent dust, despite my frequent dusting, and over the last year the case has become super loud. It is also quite small so it is very difficulty to open it up and close it up after cleaning it. Quality for me is something strongly build, good ventilation, enough space for hardwares components and room for upgrade and a bonus, but not the main point, good lookng with a glass-side case.

Im not too sure about the fans and temperatures right now, so sorry, all I know is that it's quite loud. I'll look as soon as I get a chance.

That one you recommended to me sounds great and ill look into it. Thanks a ton! :)
If the computer has gotten louder over the past year then it sounds like you have at least one fan that is starting to fail. Try to identify which fan (or fans) is contributing most to the noise, because if they're loud now they'll be loud in a new case as well.

I haven't personally built in the NR600 before, but worth a look I think!

Reactions: RMGOtaku
May 3, 2020
Visit site
If the computer has gotten louder over the past year then it sounds like you have at least one fan that is starting to fail. Try to identify which fan (or fans) is contributing most to the noise, because if they're loud now they'll be loud in a new case as well.

I haven't personally built in the NR600 before, but worth a look I think!

Thanks for pointing that out! Ill have a look :)

It looks great, thanks again! :)

Reactions: Zoid

TRENDING THREADS