Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi, when I play games on my custom gaming PC, the graphics look really awful, like in Fortnite, it all just looks square and smudged. In my Fortnite settings, it auto-recommended the lowest preset, but I've tried it on a higher one, but doesn't change the graphics and kills the FPS. I don't know if it's my CPU, graphics card or monitor, and I want to upgrade the part that's causing it, but I have no idea how to find out where the issue is. The drivers for my monitor, adapter and graphics card are all up to date.
My graphics card: AMD Radeon r7 240. Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X
Thanks!

Last edited:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
This GPU surely is limiting factor and exchanging it to something else should be beneficial. Question is: how much do you want to spend on new graphic card? Or are you planning on getting new PC in "not so distant future"? Also what's your PSU?

I am summoning forth @Oussebon as guru in hardware recommendations.

When you say "smudged", what are we talking about here?

Also, when you say G70 for the monitor, is this the one, with the fuller name being GW2270?

What resolution are you running the game at? If your monitor is 1080p (?), the in-game resolution should be set to 1920 x 1080 or else it will look pretty smudgy.

How is your graphics card connected to the monitor? DVI? VGA (aka d-sub)..?

If ti's

Can you take a screenshot of the game, and also a photo of the monitor showing the same thing, upload both to Imgur, and link here?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS