PCG Article Upcoming Strategy RPG's in 2023

Strategy RPGs to look forward to in 2023 | PC Gamer

I almost posted this in the RPG Section, but I felt that there was enough crossover in genres that it might be more appropriate here, as the games listed are a blend of CRPGs, SRPGs, and maybe just Strategy games, depending upon your point of view. There are a lot of games listed in the article, most of which I was unaware of, and a few that I'm looking forward to playing.

2022 was a big year for me for SRPGs and/or CRPGs:: Solasta Crown of the Magistar, Wasteland 2 (Director's Cut), and Wasteland 3. RPGs, yes, but at their heart, they were also detail oriented Strategy games that required the player to plan character builds, manage equipment, and methods of approaching battles. All of them were tactical in nature and required planning to be successful, and all were turn-based combat (which I think is @WoodenSaucer 's favorite:):)!).

I think the games listed in the article follow a similar formula, and a few of those listed are of particular interest to me:
Baldur's Gate 3, Broken Roads, and Jagged Alliance 3 are my 3 primaries from that article, but I'm definitely investigating some of the others. Are there any games in that article that catch your interest?

All of them were tactical in nature and required planning to be successful, and all were turn-based combat (which I think is @WoodenSaucer 's favorite:):)!).
wifebeater.jpg

we had that whole topic to teach you the nuances
Yeah, just like a RPG game—waste of your time :p

But I did pick up on the subtler point that some are whack 'em, while others are slash 'em. And of course I didn't know that the ladies' armor is changing to an alloy of geraltium and skimpium—which are apparently stronger than the hitherto popular tit-anium—very fetching.

Reactions: Sarafan and Pifanjr

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Are there any games in that article that catch your interest?

I'm waiting especially for Baldur's Gate 3. Never played the early access version, but will probably buy the game on release date. I'm a huge fan of the original series and although I'm fully aware that the gameplay is very different, it's still a game which I can't miss.

As for other propositions, Songs of Conquest caught my eye a few months ago when it was released in early access. It's more like a strategy game with RPG elements rather than the opposite, but I love Heroes 3 and this game has a feeling of it.

I'm also waiting for Broken Roads. It has some strong classic Fallout feeling. Although I rarely play isometric RPGs now, this one is a must for me. :)

I also learnt that Xenonauts 2 is being developed. I hope that it won't be a 1:1 copy of the first game (which is great BTW) and that we'll see some noticeable changes. Anyway I have sentiment to XCOM games, so I'll probably check this one as well.

TRENDING THREADS