The last game you completed

Page 14 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
That clockwork level was an interesting one.

The levels in Dishonored (and the new Deus Ex games, sometimes) are really small but really dense. I could spend ten minutes in a little apartment going through everything!

I kinda had mixed feelings when it came to Dishonored. On the one hand i agree, the levels were interesting and filled with stuff. Yet... for some reason i felt thief series did it better. its not helped that enemies that were incapacitated simply disappeared only to respawn again. Maybe nostalgia is influencing my feelings. Will probably get round to playing Dishonored 2.... Once i finish off the division 2 and a whole load of other games that i bought in 2018-2017....

Reactions: aefaef and Zloth
Ok, I'm done with Amazing Pyramids: Rebirth for a while.

If you like(d) the old pencil & paper game Hangman—my fav p&p game of all time—then you'll probably love this. Hangman is a simple win-lose result—you guess the word in the number of moves allowed, or you don't. AP:R adds a bunch of features which makes it much more fun and interesting.

Copying—with some edits—from my post in the 'Which Game You're Playing Right Now?' thread:

It consists of a main game with 55 levels, plus 3 mini games.

Each of the 55 levels consists of a pyramid of 7 words, from 9 letters down to 3. You're shown the category the word belongs to, eg Animals, Countries etc. After a few levels you start to accumulate 4 power-ups, which:
Fill in one letter in the position you select;
Fill in all the vowels;
Knock out 5 unused letters from your alphabet selection;
Discard the given word and give you a new word—for when you don't like the category.

You earn game points and power-up points from:
Quick word completion;
Making no mistakes after your first correct letter;
Picking X-in-a-row letters without a wrong 'un;
Guessing the word correctly before you have all the letters.

The 3 mini games are:
Guess the jumbled words put on screen, one at a time, for 3 minutes;
Make as many words as you can in 3 minutes from a random 12 letters;
A pyramid without a category clue or power-ups.

Very decent value for $7 imo.

<brag>
I currently am top of the worldwide leader board for all 4 games. I was surprised to find myself on the leaderboard at all after my first run thru the main game, so of course I had to have another go. And another…

Can you knock me off my perches? ;)
</brag>

I would say Torchlight 2 except I was playing a modded version that has no actual end, but I classify getting to lvl 100 without dying once close enough to finishing game. 1300 hours played on Steam.

Funny thing is I know I will likely play it again, as it wasn't the 1st time I had reached 100.

Dying just feels like failing, even though it actually has little meaning, depends on what you do after you die, as you can pay cash to reincarnate on spot and keep going.

Last edited:
I finished Gears of War Ultimate edition the other day. Never played a Gears game before, it was pretty much what I expected and need at the moment, dumb fun.

I played on normal difficulty and ran through it easily until I hit General Raam the last boss. I haven't struggled with a boss after breezing through the rest of a game like this, maybe ever. Had to engage Dark Souls mode and just keep running at him. Felt cheated when on my final attempt he glitched out and stood at the corner of the cover I was behind while I unloaded clips into his face. Not cheated enough not to just do it though, obviously :D

I found little reason to use any weapon than the Hammerburst throughout the whole game, which was a bit disappointing. The whole game is also completely linear but then again its a maybe 12 year old game so you have to cut it some slack. Interested to play Gears 4 and 5 to see what they did with the formula more recently. Definitely worth the price of Gamepass for a month for me to try it out.

Last edited:
TLDR: yeah i liked Virtues last reward. But i urge you to play the first game first.

Whilst technically i didn't play it on the PC, you can get it on the PC as part of the zero escape nonary games. So i finished Virtue's last reward. Overall it was ok, whilst the game does improve on the first one, it is a bit hit and miss in places. The mostly ingame graphics kinda loses the charm compared to the hand drawn anime artwork and the design of characters are a bit questionable (Alice, i'm looking at you!) Not to mention the cold metel environments and techno ambient soundtrack doesn't really suit me. Then again, the Sinking titanic ship of the first game wasn't really all that inspiring with its own fair share of cold metal on offer.

The game does have plenty of quality of life changes, such as being able to warp between story routes and a note pad so props. As playing through the game from start to finish each time can get tedious, so just warping directly to continue a path or to grab some info is useful, although that said, i think they could have also kept some of the more critical information in the archives instead of forcing me to just to the story, make notes and warp back.

The puzzles are certainly much harder (partly because i was playing on hard mode) but also introduces some seriously annoying ones that i was prepared to cheat through some of it.

But what we're really for is the story and boy howdy is it a cracker, a word of warning, to really truly appreciate the story, you really need to have played the first one. Characters from the first game make a return and it does reference heavily from the first game . Last reward also answers some burning questions from the first one like that ending from 999, but for those who jump straight into the sequel it does a piss poor job filling you in with the story.

The plot is once again full of plot twist and turns and you won't truth appreciate it all until the very end. What interests me the most is how the dialogue just changes based on the decision you made previously breaking, sometimes the fourth wall. i would love to go into details but its far to complex and spoiler heavy for me to get into. Although that said, it still leaves a few loose ends i would like discussed and the the secrets additional info section leaves a lot to be desired. It feels like just a folder filled with information that the devs couldn't work into the game properly and instead felt shoehorned it into the secrets.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Finished recently Ancestors Legacy and damn if I wasn't impressed by the campaign - the production values for such game from a small and still relatively unknown studio were really solid.
I would dare to say it was the best RTS campaign since StarCraft II released over 10 years ago - and that speaks something.

Was unit interactions kinda simple Rock Paper Scissors? Yeah
Was macro very simplified? Yes
Was micro also simplified? Yes

At the same time, all the ingredients were there and the flow was "right" for a RTS. Mission had different objectives and there wasn't really anything boring about going into even the most normal "run of the mill" mission because the core gameplay loop was just good and satisfying.

Shame the multiplayer seems dead and there's no crossplay between paid and free editions. Odd one for sure.

May 22, 2021
Visit site
If we're talking complete as in story, that would be Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Had a blast with that game, but haven't gone back to finish off the trophies yet. However, if we're talking complete as in unlocking all of the achievements, that would probably be God of War (2018).

May 22, 2021
Visit site
Wow! I thought people go for achievements all the time! I personally don't try for them in my first run of the game, but if I like it enough, I'll keep going back to collect the trophies/achievements. I'm torn with Jedi: Fallen Order actually, because I love the game but the achievements on that one seem a bit tedious. Especially because the maps can be confusing on some of the planets.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Wow! I thought people go for achievements all the time! I personally don't try for them in my first run of the game, but if I like it enough, I'll keep going back to collect the trophies/achievements.

The last time I intentionally tried to complete an achievement was because my wife challenged me and a friend to a game of Civ V where we all pick an achievement we hadn't completed yet and see who could complete it first.

I normally never check achievements.

if I like it enough, I'll keep going back to collect the trophies/achievements
I'm aware of achievements, but don't see much point to them unless they might be fun. I have to push myself to complete in-play achievements—eg I've played Far Cry 3 5-6 times since it was such a great game before FC4 came along, and a couple of runs I said 'Okay, this time I'm going to grab ALL the collectibles'… but I never did, got tired of it every time.

I'm aware of achievements, but don't see much point to them unless they might be fun. I have to push myself to complete in-play achievements—eg I've played Far Cry 3 5-6 times since it was such a great game before FC4 came along, and a couple of runs I said 'Okay, this time I'm going to grab ALL the collectibles'… but I never did, got tired of it every time.

Regarding in-play achievements, I do usually try to do the optional objectives in Assassin's Creed games, but I'm not going to replay an entire mission if I happen to fail one near the end.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Because I'm hot on the new releases I just finished Halo: Combat Evolved.

Lot of fun, I'll be working my way through the series slowly I think. Shooting feels good, although there was a bit of a lack of enemy variety towards the end, and the last chapter was a bit of a let down for me. Games 20 years old basically so cant complain too much as it was still great.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Finally pushed through to the end of Cyberpunk 2077. It was getting to the point where I could only play the game for 20-30 mins at a time before getting bored with it. Overall I put about 45 hours into it since release and it's still in a state that I can't recommend it to any of my friends. I got the "Path of Glory" ending, but in the end the whole experience felt like I was missing all the good quests for some reason.

It all feels forgettable. I wanted to like the game so bad but the sum is not greater than its parts.

I'm working through the Mass Effect Legendary edition. I have beaten ME1 and ME2 so far but I'm pretty early into the third game. It has been a great experience (I've never played the trilogy before). ME2 started off kinda slow for me but once it ramped up it was excellent. Both are great games but I think I prefer ME2 overall. They are still flawed games (they are pretty **** mechanically) but what they do well (e.g., characters) is fantastic and easily carries the entire experience.

They are still flawed games (they are pretty **** mechanically) but what they do well (e.g., characters) is fantastic and easily carries the entire experience.

The mechanics are definitely flawed, but in my opinion they are still fun. Perhaps not fun enough to carry the game, but throwing people around with biotics or hacking stuff with tech was always enjoyable.

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
The last game I finished was The Darkside Detective. https://store.steampowered.com/app/368390/The_Darkside_Detective/

I'm almost finished Cat Quest, but I'm grinding to level 99 in short sessions so I can do the last quest, dungeons, and an achievement. I"ll probably skip the rest of the achievements from Mew Game (NG+) mode. https://store.steampowered.com/app/593280/Cat_Quest/

I'm currently starting chapter 4 in Ara Fell and will finish that before I mop up Cat Quest. Ara Fell is a super charming retro style turn-based RPG reminiscent of classic SNES JRPGs. While the combat is a bit simple, at least in normal mode, some of the puzzles are challenging, and the story and characters are interesting. https://store.steampowered.com/app/440540/Ara_Fell_Enhanced_Edition/

Next up will be to finish Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. which I put on hold for a bit.

Well after 88 hours and beating pretty much all the content, i'm going to call it, i've finished the division 2. So what did i think of it? it was ok.

its a bit weird tbh, The division 2 is definitely better then the first game and yet... i wasn't as entertained this time. i'm not sure why. The main story missions are pretty decently made, especially the additional content like Coney island, the pentagon, zoo etc. i think my problem lies with everything outside of the those missions. yes, The division 2's open world activities are more interesting compared to the original, the problem is the repetitive nature of those activities. Always seeing the same ones in the same locations, the spawns being the same, its soon becomes busy work as you constantly rinse and repeat the activities endlessly. hell, the 88 hours most of it was not because it took 88 hours to explore the world, it was more me grinding and getting involved in busy work. The problem is that it takes far too long for it to get going; when you're starting off there is very little to see and do until you level up and black tusk invades. You could argue that getting to World tier 5 isn't the end game but after that? you're left with leaving DC or doing raids or grinding for gear. The latter holds absolutely no interest for me; getting more powerful gear for nobody's sake feels pointless to me. Like an endless dungeon mode. What's the bloody point?

i could go into more details about gameplay, design elements etc but honestly that's boring to hear from me. if you get it on the Epic sale, its definitely worth it, but besides the next upcoming update? i can't see this game keeping me hooked or stopping me from uninstalling it.

TRENDING THREADS