The Free Time Limited Games List

Page 22 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
No, the pic for me would be :sleep:, that would probably bore me to sleep pretty quickly.
It's a lot more tactical than you think, as you can stealth most of the game. You have a set piece, and you decide how to attack it. You can play it kind of like the missions in Far Cry, only you don't travel for 20 minutes and get attacked by 8 different types of animals on the way to the objective.

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr
a lot more tactical than you think
Ok you ol' charmer, you sweet-talked me into it—downloading as I write at a snail's pace.

you don't travel for 20 minutes and get attacked by 8 different types of animals on the way
Shame, that's the best part of Far Cry, the unpredictable encounters with wildlife & enemies. Ah well, I'm not expecting miracles for free.

I just hope Very Easy won't be too difficult—must go look for a mod to remove the Nazis from the game.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Ok you ol' charmer, you sweet-talked me into it—downloading as I write at a snail's pace.

Shame, that's the best part of Far Cry, the unpredictable encounters with wildlife & enemies. Ah well, I'm not expecting miracles for free.

I just hope Very Easy won't be too difficult—must go look for a mod to remove the Nazis from the game.

I don't know that you'll like it. Probably won't. I just know that you can stealth most of the game and that you like stealth. It's worth a try for free.

But to me linear shooters always feel repetitive after awhile.

Throwing in that you'll also get WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship with Amazon Prime this month. It costs money, but if you have never used Prime, you'll be able to get a free trial for 30 days or less depending on your region + free audiobooks + One free twitch sub + Other free games/skins + Amazon Prime videos that got some good stuff. The Boys season 3 is releasing today on Prime so it would actually be a great time to use that free trial if you are into dark violent superhero stuff. It is one of my favorite series right now.

Last edited:
Throwing in that you'll also get WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship with Amazon Prime this month. It costs money, but if you have never used Prime, you'll be able to get a free trial for 30 days or less depending on your region + free audiobooks + One free twitch sub + Other free games/skins + Amazon Prime videos that got some good stuff. The Boys season 3 is releasing today on Prime so it would actually be a great time to use that free trial if you are into dark violent superhero stuff. It is one of my favorite series right now.
Prime Video actually has a lot of great shows and movies available. We use the Amazon Music a lot on our Alexa devices, too. Prime really is a great value.

Thanks. Been a member of Amazon Prime for years and never paid attention to the gaming thing. Now that I've looked at it, it's a lot more than what I thought. Of course, now I have a new launcher...
Yeah, that's the thing that sucks. Another launcher. But it's free games, though.

Don't Galaxy or Playnite include Prime?
I assume Playnite is a launcher? I was just being a dork complaining about having another launcher. I could add the game to my Steam launcher if it bothered me, same with GoG games. I use a ton of Steam features you don't get elsewhere, like today I've wandered around the store, visited several game forums, used Steam workshop--the best mod system out there--and talked to my daughter through Steam voice chat, so it makes sense for me to use their launcher. It's just not a big deal for me. I know where my games are. I can understand why others like all their games in one place, though.

I assume Playnite is a launcher?
Yep, and there are at least a couple of others too, outlined in this thread:

I agree re Steam, I just prefer not to have to add games there—I'd have hundreds to do, and still be missing hundreds from BigFish, so not worth it for me.

You have hundreds of games from somewhere I've never even heard of before. That's impressive.

BigFish games were great in my youth because they had software that allowed you to demo any game by playing the first two hours or so. I'm not exactly sure on the details, but the basic idea was that you launch the game through their launcher which tracked how long you had been playing and quit the game after a certain amount of time.

The best part however was that for a period of time, this launcher used your system's clock to measure the time. So you could set the clock back after starting the game and get basically the whole game for free. They patched it eventually of course.

BigFish … allowed you to demo any game by playing the first two hours
It's 1 hour mostly, sometimes 90 minutes—for every game. Following is ~6 months old as I'm no longer a Club member, but: If you join the 'Club' for $7/month, you get a good discount on all games, plus a free game every month.

There are also daily and weekly deals on one title for $3. I've been a member for over a decade and it's worked flawlessly in that time. The main PC games they put out are Hidden Object, that's at least 50% of their catalog I would guess.

Caveats:

1. They're owned by an Australian maker of gambling machines.

2. They've let about 2/3 of staff go since 2018.

It's 1 hour mostly, sometimes 90 minutes—for every game. Following is ~6 months old as I'm no longer a Club member, but: If you join the 'Club' for $7/month, you get a good discount on all games, plus a free game every month.

There are also daily and weekly deals on one title for $3. I've been a member for over a decade and it's worked flawlessly in that time. The main PC games they put out are Hidden Object, that's at least 50% of their catalog I would guess.

Caveats:

1. They're owned by an Australian maker of gambling machines.

2. They've let about 2/3 of staff go since 2018.
I tried to look around a bit, but it seemed hard to find games unless you knew what you were looking for or were willing to just wade in and keep hitting the "next" button. I'm considering buying Governor of Poker 2, though, so I can relive the days when I was an online poker player (before lawmakers cracked down on US based poker sites). I think for a first time buyer it's $2.99.

I played Maneater for a while some time back and it was ok. It's definitely not as open world as you might think and the combat I can't say I liked that much. What was the most fun with the game was just snacking on the small prey and doing stunts while exploring the nooks and crannies. They could have done a lot more with the game though, too bad they settled with mediocre.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021
Visit site
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts