The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (May 15 to May 21)

Started playing Ghost Exile, which is very similar but better than Phasmophobia. The entity interacts with you substantially more than in Phasmo, and you get to banish it at the end if you figure everything out and do the ritual correctly. Also, the equipment works a lot better.

Also started playing Serious Sam 4 and am having a blast with that.

Still got my solo Farming Simulator game going. I've stuck with this one world basically since I started playing, which is rare for me. I should hit my financial goal this in-game year.

Well, The Path of Exile league has started and i jumped in to have a look if i can get the challenges to get the cosmetics i want. As expected its going to be an absolute grindfest + RNG to get the harder challenges sorted out. The requirements are high and frankly i'm having second thoughts. Not surprising as GGG did say that to get 24 challenges it would be sort of getting 32/38 out for 40 challenges in earlier leagues. Realistically for me i'll probably get 12.

on the one hand, i could step up the plate and do it but on the other hand i could finish off dishonored 2 and focus on my steam collection and other things in my life instead some vanity items.

I think i'm dropping out of Path of exile league.

Well, The Path of Exile league has started and i jumped in to have a look if i can get the challenges to get the cosmetics i want. As expected its going to be an absolute grindfest + RNG to get the harder challenges sorted out. The requirements are high and frankly i'm having second thoughts. Not surprising as GGG did say that to get 24 challenges it would be sort of getting 32/38 out for 40 challenges in earlier leagues. Realistically for me i'll probably get 12.

on the one hand, i could step up the plate and do it but on the other hand i could finish off dishonored 2 and focus on my steam collection and other things in my life instead some vanity items.

I think i'm dropping out of Path of exile league.
It was as if you just talked yourself out of that. 🤣

Honestly as soon as i saw GGG publish the challenge list a couple of days before the start, my heart just sank. 50% of the challenges were defeating the uber end game bosses and frankly my heart wasn't really in it.

I quit Fallout 76 because of the quarterly map/challenges they gave out. It was utterly exhausting. And special event grinds in Warframe turned me away from that game.

I've got to think games are losing a lot of long-time players over these things. After you've put in a ton of hours, your tolerance for nonsense goes down.

I quit Fallout 76 because of the quarterly map/challenges they gave out. It was utterly exhausting. And special event grinds in Warframe turned me away from that game.

I've got to think games are losing a lot of long-time players over these things. After you've put in a ton of hours, your tolerance for nonsense goes down.

Though why is it that developers cannot see this trend regularly occuring? It's as if there is no care or interest in the longevity of a game but more of the buck to bang ratio that's available.

I'm making great headway completing my goal of finishing the entire Halo The Master Chief Collection on Legendary. So far I've completed 4 of the six games in this collection on Legendary, and am currently at the start of the 2nd mission of Halo 4. This experience is also actually making me appreciate the Halo TV show a bit more. I was thinking the show was taking too much creative liberty by having Cortana be a clone of Dr. Halsey, but I had forgotten they mention that she is indeed a clone of Halsey early on in Halo 4. You don't often see epic fights between UNSC and the Covenant in the show, but last episode had an interesting fight between Chief and Vannack, after Halsey ordered the Spartans to make sure Chief got on board a ship, which Cortana had tipped him off was a setup to facilitate an escape Halsey was planning. Kai, one of my favorite Spartans on the show, intervened. If you love Halo, you may not entirely love the show, but it has it's shining moments.

Last edited:
Well im finished with this semester of schooling, passed all classes with flying colors except for chemistry but i passed it lol. Will be moving to full time at work and we'll see how things turn out for the fall class schedule and if my work will work with me on it (they know im going for a degree along the lines of the type of job i have)

As for gaming i downloaded The House of The Dead Remake because i loved the original. Its...ok, i mean i would really like to play it with a modded light gun/arcade cabinet like Arcade1up's but its not a terrible remake. Theres a new mode that adds extra zombies to kill. Works really well with keyboard/mouse but rather use a lightgun.

Still playing Destiny 2. New season starts in a little over a week!

Last edited:
Well im finished with this semester of schooling, passed all classes with flying colors except for chemistry but i passed it lol. Will be moving to full time at work and we'll see how things turn out for the fall class schedule and if my work will work with me on it (they know im going for a degree along the lines of the type of job i have)

As for gaming i downloaded a cracked version of The House of The Dead Remake because i absolutely cant afford the game atm and was a huge fan of the original. Its...ok, i mean i would really like to play it with a modded light gun/arcade cabinet like Arcade1up's but its not a terrible remake. Theres a new mode that adds extra zombies to kill. Works really well with keyboard/mouse but rather use a lightgun.

Still playing Destiny 2. New season starts in a little over a week!

I just got one more exam on Thursday and my Master's is finished! How much longer have you got for your degree?

Though why is it that developers cannot see this trend regularly occuring? It's as if there is no care or interest in the longevity of a game but more of the buck to bang ratio that's available.

I assume they've already given up and are just trying to milk the last whales for as long as possible until the game becomes unprofitable to support.

I can hear the meeting now:

"This one mission isn't much content for our next update."

"What if we make players do it 1000 times?"

"Wow! Now that's a lot of content!"

I had an idea last night in Farming Simulator 22 to play a game without planting or harvesting anything. I had a mod that let you buy crops at market prices, so I was just going to buy the crops, turn them into products (like bread, cake, etc) and sell the products.

That's when I figured out why you can't buy crops in the base game (why would you? You're supposed to be farming.). I bought 82,000 liters of barley, turned it into flour and then made bread. Cost of barley? $45,000. What did I make off the bread? $1,750,000.

So, yeah, the economy doesn't really work when done in that way. Now, I was playing with the economy on "easy", so it would be more realistic on "hard", but I think it would still be way too easy and unrewarding.

I decided to delete the "buy crops" mod from my mod lineup and start a new game.

TRENDING THREADS