The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (March 27 to April 2)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I think we can give up on Square-Enix's EGS exclusives releasing on Steam.
SJrBuFS.png

Reactions: ZedClampet
Exclusives last for ABOUT a year, not a year and 30 seconds. They might well round up or down to the next fiscal quarter, wait for the Elden Ring craze to die down some, or whatever. You also can't just generalize from one game to all time.
True, though if KH3 were to release on Steam, it would've missed the entire franchise's 20th anniversary (KH1 had its Japanese launch in March 28, 2002)

The anniversary celebration really only consisted of some artwork from Tetsuya Nomura, along with a limited edition Tamagotchi toy

The teleporter is used to get between your bases and your freighter.
I never used it for that. In fact, I'm almost 100% positive you can't put teleporters on freighters anymore. I had about a dozen bases with mines set up for all the different resources, and I used the teleporter to go from mine to mine. I also used it to return to far away space stations so I could cut down travel time if I was exploring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr
My space agency put humans on the moon As it turns out, MacGyver was the first human to step foot on the moon. I then immediately fired him because I had too many astronauts, and he was draining my monthly income more than the others. I can always make a new MacGyver later if I can find another astronaut candidate with the "problem solver" skill.

I got the achievement for getting on the moon before July of 1969. About 10 percent of players have it.

Getting people on Mars is going to take awhile. It's a pretty big game.

My space agency put humans on the moon As it turns out, MacGyver was the first human to step foot on the moon. I then immediately fired him because I had too many astronauts, and he was draining my monthly income more than the others. I can always make a new MacGyver later if I can find another astronaut candidate with the "problem solver" skill.

I got the achievement for getting on the moon before July of 1969. About 10 percent of players have it.

Getting people on Mars is going to take awhile. It's a pretty big game.
It better be the Richard Dean Anderson version of MacGyver.

This post contains a HUGE spoiler for the excellent game The Planet Crafter. Still, this spoiler is something you actually may want to know. Do what you think is best.

So I was struggling to find two blueprints and went to the forums and read a bunch of posts because I really wanted that dang blueprint for the Mark 3 boots and the jet pack, but I couldn't find any information on them there, just stupid advice on building and arranging your base, like where to put things and not to build the base in the starting area, but to find a nice, high elevation and build. Giving up, I went to Google and had no more luck, so I just went back to playing the game.

You are trying to terraform a planet very similar to Mars, and there is all this machinery you have to build, and of course you have to power it, so I built a ton of wind turbines, solar panels, and--after much pain and suffering--a nuclear reactor. Machines everywhere.

So one of the categories of things you can build are information screens that show you various things, and I had a room for that. I could see how much power I was generating, how much I was using, and I could track the various aspects of terraforming and see how I was doing.

The first milestone of terraforming was to get the sky to turn blue. I could see my numbers rising and the sky started turning a shade of blue, and then finally it was an Earth sky shade of blue. Very rewarding. So the next milestone was getting clouds in the sky. That took longer, and I was building things the whole time. After I got the clouds, the next step was to get it to rain. I was exploring all over the place to get the materials I needed to speed up this process, to build ever bigger and better machines.

Finally. one day it happened. It started to rain. I was so happy. I just stood outside staring at this Earth-like storm. And that's when I thought, "Oh my God, this whole area is going to be under water." I remembered what someone had said about building at high altitude. Now I knew why.

I rather frantically ran around disassembling machines and storing the resources away, and once I got the terraforming slowed down significantly (and it did stop raining), I hiked to the top of a nearby mountain and found a new place to move my base.

It took me 8 hours to find the resources and build all that crap. I might have abandoned the game if it had all washed away. But I kind of admire the devs for putting this in the game. It's a pretty impressive feat to flood an entire world, and it takes some serious you know whats to destroy all your players' bases after what probably would have been 10 hours of work for me. Just crazy, but also kind of funny.
(I didn't know what to put for the spoiler title and didn't feel like thinking about it. The butter butt quote is a southern way of saying you are excited.)

Last edited:
The flooding wasn't as bad as I thought. It's not filling up the vast lower areas; it's just creating a lot of lakes. So far my original base wouldn't have been in one, but I'm glad I moved, and I'm thinking about actually moving again to be closer to a couple of things I have to visit often in the late game.

Still playing pillars of eternity, just ticking off some of the quests and levelling up and getting useful perks to complete end game content. 62.8 hours and still counting...

There is a bug atm where the soul bind item isn't registering damage. tried doing steam verifying the files and still no luck. oh well, it wasn't that great weapon anyway and the other weapons are better options.

As for the games meta? still haven't a clue how it all works. For most of the skills by rogues, wizards, priests, druids and paladins i barely know anything about them or use them for that matter. Thank god i'm playing it on normal or i would be tearing my hair out...

No idea about the enchanting stuff yet. i'm hording materials till i have the best gear to enhance. It kinda makes conversation persuasions that much tougher. i kind of regret it sometimes as times where i thought i could resolve peacefully ends in a blood bath and generally everyone losing out.

At that RPM on the fans is it hovering?
You could do the dusting and keep playing games at the same time! Brilliant!
Smart arses. You guys clearly have no experience with laptops. If turning the fans up kept your temps around 60 during gameplay then laptops would never have gotten the reputation that they always run hot. People would have just turned the fans up! Why did no one ever think of that?

In any event, you can barely hear them. I put them on middle settings and it maxed out at 69 GPU and 72 CPU.

TRENDING THREADS