The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (April 10 to April 16)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I'm currently doing my first run of Fallout 4. I seem to remember talk about bugs and glitches and man I'm already frustrated with what I've found. For instance, there's a PC terminal in the Museum of Freedom that if you approach it at an angle while crouched, the game glitches and I had to quit then load a recent save. Then there's the fact that I cannot fall from any height while wearing the power armor suit without the game glitching.

Should I reinstall or just accept it as the norm?

Hello, I'm currently doing my first run of Fallout 4. I seem to remember talk about bugs and glitches and man I'm already frustrated with what I've found. For instance, there's a PC terminal in the Museum of Freedom that if you approach it at an angle while crouched, the game glitches and I had to quit then load a recent save. Then there's the fact that I cannot fall from any height while wearing the power armor suit without the game glitching.

I kind of doubt if reinstalling would help. But who knows. If I were you, I'd look around at the Fallout boards on Steam, and see if anyone has any workarounds or fixes.

I tried to play the game a couple of times, and I really did find it enjoyable. But the load times were so freaking long all the time, that I finally had enough and just quit.

If you have all of the official DLC, you could get the community patch that fixes a ton of bugs:

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
If you have all of the official DLC, you could get the community patch that fixes a ton of bugs:

Unfortunately, I don't think I have all of the DLCs.

Still sucked into No Man's Sky, and I'm loving it. I'll say this, though. I visited my first water planet, and the swimming animations really suck. Haha.

I'm looking for Activated Copper to fix a couple of slots that are still broken on a crashed ship I claimed. I only have 2 slots left to fix, and I think I'm going to have to go to another star system to find the activated copper.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I wonder what the chances are you'll find an even better crashed ship in the next star system, @WoodenSaucer?

I'm getting dubious that I'll finish Persona 4. The music isn't that good, and all the songs play in an endless loop. Even great songs can't take that for long, so I've got to shut off the background music. The game's spell names are very obtuse - bufu does ice damage? Even 25 hours in, I've got to constantly check the descriptions to figure the less common ones out. There's a system for adding spell powers to your character but those descriptions aren't accessible when you do that, meaning I have to write down what the good ones are, then go to that system to add the powers.

Worst of all, though, is Teddy. Whenever a battle starts, he tells you how many enemies there are - because maybe you can't count to 2. Then he gives encouragement all through the battle - in a way that would leave a five-year-old feeling patronized.

The story is pretty good, and I love the whacky monsters. There's a lot of good humor in it, too. I remember there's some mods that might help with the info displayed, so maybe there's a chance.

Edit:
It's the sort of joke you can only play on someone once, but it was funny at the time hearing him exclaim, 'Did you just confederate them!'
Backstabber! I suppose you'll be playing the old Diplomacy board game with your family next?

Last edited:
For those of you who play No Man's Sky, I have a question about the story. I just triangulated Artemis and contacted him through the hologram thing. Next up is getting his translator thing working, and it seems like I'm not far off from actually finding Artemis. Is finding him the end of the story, or is there more after that? I know it's mainly a survival/exploration game, and I just didn't know how long the story part goes.

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's more than one story now. Didn't the latest free update add another story to it?

Funny how much stories add to a game. Even stories that are complete junk. The stories in Egosoft's games aren't really much at all, and there are looong periods of silence between steps sometimes, but it's still enough to justify a goal to strive for!

There's more than one story now. Didn't the latest free update add another story to it?

Funny how much stories add to a game. Even stories that are complete junk. The stories in Egosoft's games aren't really much at all, and there are looong periods of silence between steps sometimes, but it's still enough to justify a goal to strive for!
Stories keep me going. I'm eating up the grinding, building, and surviving. But once the stories are completely over, I'm not sure how much I'll still be sucked into it, even though I spend a lot of time doing other stuff besides the story.

Stories keep me going. I'm eating up the grinding, building, and surviving. But once the stories are completely over, I'm not sure how much I'll still be sucked into it, even though I spend a lot of time doing other stuff besides the story.

I noticed this when I tried Faeria, which has no story at all. I just couldn't bring myself to care to play more after finishing the tutorial, but I think I would have gladly played through a story based campaign.

For those of you who play No Man's Sky, I have a question about the story. I just triangulated Artemis and contacted him through the hologram thing. Next up is getting his translator thing working, and it seems like I'm not far off from actually finding Artemis. Is finding him the end of the story, or is there more after that? I know it's mainly a survival/exploration game, and I just didn't know how long the story part goes.

The story keeps going

TRENDING THREADS