The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (24 July to 30 July)

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Filthy Rag race, you don't need weapons, you just rub the bad guys out. If you find the WD40 loot, you're home and hosed.

Please let us know if you crack it, I need a lot of help with that.

I'm sorry to say I died not too long after, I ran into a mature white dragon and since I had no resistance, I died after two breath attacks.

Started a mimic run, which can take the shape of enemies that are within view. It's normal form is apparently humanoid, since I can just equip all stuff. Not sure how useful it is to switch forms, so I'll have to play around with that.

I died not too long after
Aww, so sad.

I had no resistance, I died after two breath attacks
Oh man, you just reminded me of an ex who loved garlic with everything. Only resistance worth a damn was Guinness, so it was a bit like Billy Joel said—she ruled the day, and I ruled the night.

a mimic run, which can take the shape of enemies that are within view
This is an RPG, right? You make it sound almost fun… how can that be??? :unsure:

Played some Forewarned (Egyption Phasmophobia) Won our first two missions, but in the third one we had some trouble. My son died twice (you can come back to life once), and then my daughter died, and for the life of us we couldn't find her loot anywhere, and she was the one carrying the relic, so we couldn't finish that mission.

I have a feeling that the group is getting ready to raise the difficulty. On normal, the beginning of each mission is pretty safe except for some traps here and there. You don't have to deal with the magi until you rob the tomb. I'm pretty sure there are added enemies on the higher difficulties even at the beginning of a level. I'm not really looking forward to that, as Mr. Peaceful.

Played some Sniper Elite 5 yesterday and had a good experience with the multiplayer. Just something about laying in the grass spotting an enemy and taking your sweet time to line up a shot perfect to his balls. There is also an invasion similar to the souls games, so will be fun to see what that is all about. My record so far in multiplayer is getting the "longest time alive" achievement several times with 0 death and some kills.

“When I was a boy, I wanted to be a Ninja. Now I am a man, now I am a Ninja.”- Watkin Tudor Jones.

Garlic is amazing, but it makes the breath pretty awful.

Hold it right there! Why would you resist garlic!? That's one of the few vegetables you can eat without covering it in salt!
Eat enough of it and your entire body smells of garlic, kind of like alcoholics have that sickly sweet smell. But that takes a lot. This is great to do if you are getting ready to fly somewhere and want some extra space.

Regardless of the smell, I think we put at least a little garlic in just about everything we cook, and garlic stuffed olives are my favorite.

Mr. Peaceful
Never fear, there's always https://store.steampowered.com/app/1480560/Lawn_Mowing_Simulator/

Why would you resist garlic!?
I'm a nocturnal animal, it disagrees with my inner vampire.

We had a couple of out-of-state drives this week for family stuff, glad that's over with the current heat dome lurking. For those unfamiliar with USA geography, in Europe that's like driving to the next country, or in Australia to the next cattle station.

We had a couple of out-of-state drives this week for family stuff, glad that's over with the current heat dome lurking. For those unfamiliar with USA geography, in Europe that's like driving to the next country, or in Australia to the next cattle station.
Just depends. It takes me 8 hours to get to Missouri, which borders our NW corner, but it only takes me an hour to get to Kentucky and 2 hours to get to Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. Three to South Carolina. Maybe 8 or so to Mississippi, 7 to Arkansas. Um, if that was 8 states, I didn't forget any of our border enemies. Kentucky is asking for it, by the way.

Reactions: Pifanjr
8 states, I didn't forget any of our border enemies
That's a lot! Must be the most-bordered state? Y'all surely have no choice but to be very friendly :)

Kentucky is asking for it
Easy there, hoss. When I lived in Indiana, everyone was very grateful to KY for shielding us from you guys. Multiply that by the probably ten states sheltering behind the buffers, and y'all need to stay real quiet now, ya hea'?

Easy there, hoss. When I lived in Indiana, everyone was very grateful to KY for shielding us from you guys. Multiply that by the probably ten states sheltering behind the buffers, and y'all need to stay real quiet now, ya hea'?
Why, you'd be an idiot savant if only you were good at something.

Tennesseans feel the same way about Indiana. It's a state of hayseeds. Me? I don't actually have a dog in the fight. I moved to Tennessee from New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS