Suggestions for the Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 3600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello Lads!
Christmas is near and I want to treat my Ryzen 5 3600 with a new graphics card. Currently, I am using an old GTX 770 lol.

The question is which graphics card would be best for this processor within a budget of 500 dollars? This website listed 6 graphics cards for this processor. Would you recommend getting the GTX 1080?

[mod edit - link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to list the specs to your entire build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
including the age of your PSU.

This helps us understand what you have to work with and if that 500USD you have to spend is going to be worthwhile or rather a room heater.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Hello Lads!
Christmas is near and I want to treat my Ryzen 5 3600 with a new graphics card. Currently, I am using an old GTX 770 lol.

The question is which graphics card would be best for this processor within a budget of 500 dollars? This website listed 6 graphics cards for this processor. Would you recommend getting the GTX 1080?

This is a weird article. All of these cards are more than one generation old now, and none of them are the best pick for a budget of $500. Where are you located? Is this $500 US? You can cop an RX 6700 XT for sometimes under $400 and it will sweep all of the GPUs in this article under the rug.

It would be helpful for us to see your entire build if you can post it. We definitely at least need to know what power supply you have before recommending a GPU. Also consider how old it is. If the power supply is as old as the GTX 770 then I would not continue using it for your new upgrades.

What kind of gaming performance are you hoping to achieve (what games, fps, resolution)? Do you have a particular preference for AMD or NVIDIA feature sets?

Given I am upgrading from a 2070 Super to a RX 7900 XT, I have to agree that upgrading to a 3 year old GPU isn't a great leap forward. I only have a 3600 xt myself. Likely CPU will be bottleneck but there is not many CPU that don't bottleneck the GPU now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS