RX 6600 GPU And AMD Ryzen 3 3300 Processor Build Recommendations

Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for a suggestion regarding a build that will center around my processor, my old PSU broke down making a surge that took down the motherboard also.

My Original PC build is the following

1. Processor: Ryzen 3 3300x
2. Motherboard: Aorus Gaming M B450 (broken)
3. Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650W Bronze (broken)
4. GPU: Gigabyte Rx6600 Eagle 8g (formerly GTX 1050TI)
5. SSD: Gigabyte 512gb
6. HDD: Seagate 1TB
7. RAM: T FORCE Dark 2x 16gb
8. Case: Aerocool Cyclone White

I am looking for a recommendation on what Motherboard and Power supply should I buy that will be compatible with this current remaining parts that I have

[Mod edit: cleaned title for clarity.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest a cheap x570 to use pcie4 on that 6600 due to the card being limited to 8x lanes. Take whatever x570 is in your budget, every x570 is overkill for 3300x anyway.
For psu, check phanteks amp, they're seasonic oem but a bit cheaper. Corsair rm/seasonic focus/superflower leadex/bitfenix whisper are other good options. Get 650w or more if you can, chances are you'll need a beefy psu in the future the way things are shaping up, mid-range gpus are 250W now.

Hi, I am looking for a suggestion regarding a build that will center around my processor, my old PSU broke down making a surge that took down the motherboard also.

B550 has PCI-E 4.0 The MSI B550-A Pro is usually pretty cheap and decent enough.

If you state your country and budget then maybe someone can suggest a particular PSU model, often the best option is down the the price at the time.

Reactions: Brian Boru and D10S
Welcome to the forum :)

my old PSU broke down making a surge that took down the motherboard also.
How confident are you that the surge didn't damage any other parts?

At the least, back up any irreplaceable data asap.

Also at the very least, install a good surge protector between PC and electricity supply. If your electricity is consistently dirty or flaky, an UPS is probably a good—altho dear, but cheaper than replacing parts—investment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts