Riddle Me This

Page 8 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I guess everyone else gave up?

Bloodborne. It's Bloodborne.

@Rensje That little "trick" you did with the first part is old school.

I'll have another head scratcher tomorrow hopefully. If anyone else wants to give it a shot go for it.
Ding ding ding! You got it, my friend! Did you like my little hidden message?

For anyone who didn't see it, the first poem I wrote was an 'acrostic' poem, meaning that the first letters of each line combine into a word. In this case, I had them spell 'Bloodborne' so the answer to the riddle was literally in there!

Useless fun fact: the Dutch national anthem adheres to this as well!

@OsaX Nymloth I guess @I Will Haunt You gave it to you so have at it!

Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
Alright then riddle seekers, here's one that should be easier.

Blacker than black is what we are,
rarely heard or seen
Taking out the enemies
in
yellow, reds, and greens.

I'll take them out so many ways
A true gadget technosmith
But ask me how I guard your freedom
And I will take the fifth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis and Rensje
@Mazer And so it is. Fourth Echelon was considered "blacker than black ops" and the yellow, red, and green refer to the goggles thermal vision and night vision. And yep, the fifth freedom is an important plot point towards the end.

One of my favorite series that's been absent too long. Guess it's your go.

Reactions: Frindis and Mazer
As simple as this riddle is, you got me stumped. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out if the man from TV is supposed to be a real-life celebrity or a video game character that lives inside a TV. On top of that, is the amnesiac PC a 'player character' or an actual PC and how would an amnesiac PC even make sense in relation to neck tattoos?

I can't. I have two wild guesses here, either it's Killer7 or No More Heroes. I know they're probably wrong but I'll just throw them out there to eliminate possibilities.

You're correct in that the second line means the player character is an amnesiac, and since that trope is such a common one I'll also give you that it's a real life celebrity providing the voice.

If my syntax is weird it's because I'm toilet-posting at 3am.

No, it's not that. It's XIII, starring David Duchovny. Apparently this game is getting a remake later this year, not that it needs or deserves one. It's mediocre, alright. The game's UI uses Comic Sans, for Pete's sake!

xiii_remake_release_date_tariler.jpg

Anyway, the cel-shaded goons narrowed it down considerably.

@Rensje got it. I wasn't aware of the remake though, maybe if they remember to include a game alongside the gimmicks this time it might be something worth playing. It did have a bare handful of good ideas, the comic book onomatopaeia was mostly obtrusive bollocks but it also highlighted enemy footsteps during stealth sequences which was a cool idea.

The game is actually based on a Belgian graphic novel, and I think there was a TV series as well. Because if something is worth doing, it's worth doing over and over again until it isn't worth doing any more. Usually slightly after that.

Who's up next?

Reactions: Avalon and Rensje
@Rensje got it. I wasn't aware of the remake though, maybe if they remember to include a game alongside the gimmicks this time it might be something worth playing. It did have a bare handful of good ideas, the comic book onomatopaeia was mostly obtrusive bollocks but it also highlighted enemy footsteps during stealth sequences which was a cool idea.
I loved the game stylistically, but it was poorly executed. Then again, even games that hold form over function have their place!

Here's a new one for you, in 'tanka' (5-7-5-7-7) format:
---

Alien species
Our unlikely allies
Showed us galaxies
One ship carries the brotherhood

True peace demands sacrifice