Pls help with game performance :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
So i'll get straight to the point,when i play one game ,my fps drops down dramatically from around 200 to 20,this happens when i move around, either with wasd or with the mouse.I monitored my gpu usage and when i am not moving (and i have 200 fps) it is around 60% but when i move it drops to 17-25% and i have 20-40 fps.I have increased the ram the game can use, i tried different mouse polling rates, i switched usb ports ,i reinstalled my drivers (i uninstalled with ddu and i tried with amd uninstall utility too) i switched ram slots ,nothing works and this only happens on one game .

Another thing is that when i am in the game and i press either f11 or windows button i get a green screen and my pc restarts, Its the only game i have these 2 problems,and i dont understand why :( help pls ?Thankyou!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zloth

Community Contributor
I've actually never played Minecraft so it's tricky for me to gauge but the way your GPU gets less busy when the framerate goes down makes me think it's waiting for something - probably the CPU. It may have to calculate a bunch of stuff when you move and the GPU is stuck waiting around for it to work all that out before it can draw it.

The other problem sounds like the game is having difficulty switching out of full screen mode. Check the options for the game and see if it lets you play in windowed or borderless-window mode. That will probably take the 200fps down some but this is Mincraft, not some arena shooter where milliseconds count.

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Well my cpu is a ryzen 5 3400g with integrated graphics(vega 11), the thing is my friend has the same processor and his game runs smoothly, no problem when he moves so why would my game do that ?
I can go in windowed if i use the settings in the menu but not by tapping f11,anyways thats not so important i just thought it had something to do with my fps,and what is strange is that both my other computers that i had in the past had the same problem(the greenscreen) and i know nobody else that has or had this.Its frustrating when someone has the same pc but better fps what can I say.Anyways thanks for the reply.

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone, thanks for the replies and dms, i recedntly found the solution to my problem, its rather strange, so, i started by plugging my mouse in usb 2 but it didnt't fix the problem and i got angry because i couldn't play minecraft normally with my friends, so I closed discord and hopped back on minecraft to close it but I saw that the fps drops dissapeared, I tought that it has to be because of discord but I needed it to chat, so I opened discord again but this time i minimized it in the taskbar and tried Minecraft again, and it felt really smooth, I plugged my mouse in usb 3 again thinking it does not matter where it is but my game still dropped fps so, In conclusion what fixed my problem is plugging my mouse in usb 2 and minimizing or closing discord, one of my friends who had the same problem had it fixed by this. I hope it fixes your problem too but i cant guarantee since we all have different computers.

Last edited:
I guess you using discord for voice chat. Hmm I don't know if that works the same via a browser

Guides on internet to turning hardware acceleration off are old. I couldn't find it until i found the advanced choice right at bottom.
I have noticed the app uses about 2.6% gpu but it depends on what its showing, if there are no gifs it uses nothing.

I would suggest updating gpu drivers as well. not having an APU I don't know where you get them? maybe motherboard makers website?

how much ram have you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS