Black Screens With Lines / Crashes

Sep 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you for spending time out of your day to read this post. I would like some assistance in a issue that i have been having , i will explain in the most detail possible.

Below i have added a link to the images of my error for visual aid. I get black screens with outlines of the image on screen randomly when playing games. Also my games keep randomly crashing, it will just quit the game and go to my desktop. This started about 3 weeks ago and it is still occurring. At first it was happening every 30mins-1hr (Note this only happens when i am playing games. When the pc is idle it never does it). At first i thought that this is a GPU issue and contacted overclockers because it is still under warranty. They have gone through some procedures with me to try and find out if its any of the other components.

The tests that I have done are:

- Memory test for ram (Which passed)
- Multiple benchmarks (for stress testing to see if it occurs, which never did)
- Uninstalled Graphic Drivers (DDU Uninstaller)
- Updated the Bios
- Change PSU (I have currently ordered a new one which will arrive tomorrow from the time of this post which i need to test)

This is the order that i did the testing and the Graphic driver uninstall/reinstall, bios update. Seemed like it stopped the black screens. For 2 weeks it was fine but then yesterday i got another black screen. Just for reference this has happened to me on multiple games such as COD, New world, FC24, League of Legends, Forza horizons 5.

From this i gathered that it is only down to the motherboard, GPU or PSU. What do you guys think? has anyone had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

CPU- Intel i9 11900K
GPU - Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Motherboard - Asus TUF Gaming B560M-Plus (Socket LGA 1200) Micro ATX Motherboard
PSU - Corsair CX750
RAM - 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-25600 (3200) (I think this is what it is)
SSD - 1 nvme WD 500gb, 1 Samsung evo 500gb, 1 Sandisk SSD 1tb

Also i forgot to mention that after this black screen appears the pc restarts itself to where i can log into my pc again.

View: https://imgur.com/a/FRlboD0

Update - I have swapped out the PSU for a new one and also took out all my SSD's and put in a new one. Reinstalled windows using a bootable usb. My games still crashing but yet to see the black screen that I have shown in my above post.

New PSU - MSI MPG A750F

Thanks,

Hasan

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts