Question PC NOT BOOTING DUE TO XMP - PLEASE HELP

Jun 6, 2023
Visit site
I am really worried and stressed so please read.
I got a new PC around a month ago.

Specs that came with PC:

Lenovo Legion Tower T7

i9 13900KF, RTX 4080, 2x16GB DDR5 5200MHZ

I accidentally broke the computer.
Let me explain, must read:
From my old PC, I had RAM from it that I installed into the new one.

Specifically Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x16GB 5200MHZ

All RAM sticks worked with this new Legion tower until today.
We will call the old 32GB RAM that came with the prebuilt “Green Ram” because it was green and the Vengeance ram “RGB”
I noticed today my RAM was at 4000MHZ speeds when it should be higher so I went into my BIOS and enabled XMP.

I saved and the PC turned on with all LEDs on, fan lights, everything normal. The RGB RAM lights working too as normal.

I get a beep noise. 3 short, 1 long noise.

According to Lenovo it means “Memory not detected” obviously because the motherboard can’t handle the 5200MHZ.

I tried to do a hard reset by removing the CMOS battery but it didn’t work.

What to do?

I'm not sure I understand. You added 64 GB of RAM, and the computer booted, but the RAM speed was slower than the RAM the computer came with? You enabled XMP, but now you can.t boot at all? You can't even get back to the Bios? What is the motherboard? Z690 maybe? If you can get back to the Bios, reset it to default settings.

I'm not sure we can be more help without knowing what motherboard you have.

That CPU shouldn't need XMP for that RAM

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 6, 2023
Visit site
I got the PC to boot like normal.

I THINK the beeping noise was because when it was beeping, there was 1x16GB in and it may have been expecting 2x? Dual channel? It was also beeping when 4x16GB was in (when the issue first started)

I put 2x16GB 5600MHZ in dual channel and there was no beeps and after 2 mins of no display waiting it finally booted.
So I guess I can’t put my other 2 in because the board doesn’t support it

I got the PC to boot like normal.

I THINK the beeping noise was because when it was beeping, there was 1x16GB in and it may have been expecting 2x? Dual channel? It was also beeping when 4x16GB was in (when the issue first started)

I put 2x16GB 5600MHZ in dual channel and there was no beeps and after 2 mins of no display waiting it finally booted.
So I guess I can’t put my other 2 in because the board doesn’t support it
Who knows? Without knowing what board it is...

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS