Built a gaming pc but not receiving image

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Hello everyone, I bought the following components for my gaming computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 A PRO X WIFI7
Processor: Intel i9 14900KF
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e (2023) Fully Modular Low Noise ATX Power Supply - ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 Compatible - 105°C Capacitors - 80 Plus Gold Efficiency
Graphics Card: Asus ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 super
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (up to 7,000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8P1T0BW)

I assembled the computer, as I always did, but it's not displaying any image.
The graphics card, while the computer is off, has a constant red light on. I searched online, and apparently it's a problem with insufficient power, but when I turn on the computer, this red light disappears, yet the computer still doesn't show any video on my screen.

Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Hello everyone, I bought the following components for my gaming computer:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 A PRO X WIFI7
Processor: Intel i9 14900KF
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000e (2023) Fully Modular Low Noise ATX Power Supply - ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 Compatible - 105°C Capacitors - 80 Plus Gold Efficiency
Graphics Card: Asus ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 super
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (up to 7,000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8P1T0BW)

I assembled the computer, as I always did, but it's not displaying any image.
The graphics card, while the computer is off, has a constant red light on. I searched online, and apparently it's a problem with insufficient power, but when I turn on the computer, this red light disappears, yet the computer still doesn't show any video on my screen.

Try asking here.

Welcome to the forum :)

No, but 2 wild guesses:

♣ You've connected the monitor to the motherboard video port rather than to the 4080;

♦ Some power cable to the 4080 isn't connected properly, or at all—or maybe the 4080 isn't seated properly into the mobo.

♥ Bonus—I assume 4080 has cooling of some sort, is that all connected properly—paste applied, fans spinning, whatever…

Reactions: Why_Me
Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

No, but 2 wild guesses:

♣ You've connected the monitor to the motherboard video port rather than to the 4080;

♦ Some power cable to the 4080 isn't connected properly, or at all—or maybe the 4080 isn't seated properly into the mobo.

♥ Bonus—I assume 4080 has cooling of some sort, is that all connected properly—paste applied, fans spinning, whatever…
Hey, thanks for answering!
I connected to the 4080
I re-checked all cables, apparently this is something normal that is happening in this model of GPU's
Regarding the BIOS, apparently these Z790 they support 14th gen, but not out-of-the-box, they need the bios update, so since I don't have an old processor to use to get into the bios, and this model of motherboard doesn't have the button to trigger the usb update, I'll have to take the PC to a gaming pc repair store, so they can make the update for me!
So, I believe after updating the BIOS, it should work

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts