Noob questions

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Hello. I'm new to the forum and new to computers ish.

I recently acquired a used omen 25L 875-0030qd from my brother in law. So i can start upgrading my racing sim from console.

I started with completely wiping the computer and doing all possible updates. I then used easeus to migrate the os to a used 500gb 3.5 ssd drive cause it came with a 2tb hdd. Ive noticed occasionally when I turn on the pc it gives me an error that says no boot drive found but if I turn it off and back on it loads up ok. Did I do something wrong?

I want to upgrade the ram from the stock 16gb to 32gb. It has 2 8gb sticks right now. There's only 2 slots. Any idea what ram is compatible.

I also want to install a 2tb nvme ssd any idea on what's compatible

I've noticed when I turn on the pc the power supply fan turns on and off is it possible it's failing or is that normal.

Lastly. He said the reason he decided to build a new pc was he had an issue where if he bumped his desk it would restart the pc. I haven't had it happen to me but just curious what you guys think

Eventually I want to upgrade the cooling on it because it has one exhaust fan and a cpu fan. Creating lots of negative pressure. Any recommendations

Hello. I'm new to the forum and new to computers ish.

I recently acquired a used omen 25L 875-0030qd from my brother in law. So i can start upgrading my racing sim from console.

I started with completely wiping the computer and doing all possible updates. I then used easeus to migrate the os to a used 500gb 3.5 ssd drive cause it came with a 2tb hdd. Ive noticed occasionally when I turn on the pc it gives me an error that says no boot drive found but if I turn it off and back on it loads up ok. Did I do something wrong?

I want to upgrade the ram from the stock 16gb to 32gb. It has 2 8gb sticks right now. There's only 2 slots. Any idea what ram is compatible.

I also want to install a 2tb nvme ssd any idea on what's compatible

I've noticed when I turn on the pc the power supply fan turns on and off is it possible it's failing or is that normal.

Lastly. He said the reason he decided to build a new pc was he had an issue where if he bumped his desk it would restart the pc. I haven't had it happen to me but just curious what you guys think

Eventually I want to upgrade the cooling on it because it has one exhaust fan and a cpu fan. Creating lots of negative pressure. Any recommendations
Here's info on the RAM https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/HP-Omen-25L-Which-RAM-can-I-buy-for-my-PC/td-p/8328763

I didn't look up the SSD. Before you get too far into upgrades, you need to diagnose and fix your potentially serious problem with your PSU. At least that sounds to me like your problem. You can use either a multimeter or a power supply tester, both of which are pretty cheap.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts