June 2024 PC Gamer Article Discussion

Page 7 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Moral panic is a social media thing. I've never really been on it (though I guess Youtube is considered social media?), but when you're away from it, you don't think about it. Most people I know in real life also don't think about this stuff; everyone is too busy with their own life to care about who's being canceled today for whatever reason.

Yep, social media isn't real life. Shame games companies don't seem to understand that the people whining on Social media aren't players... if they were players, they would be playing and not whining. Just ignore social media and make game you want.

I never saw the point in it. I don't actually want to use it, can think of better things to do. It never appealed to me. I wouldn't take a job where I had to use the stupid thing.

If I want to sit online all day talking to people... I would come here.
At least the audience is mostly controlled here. Generally your comments aren't taken out of context. generally...

If I want to sit online all day talking to people... I would come here.
At least the audience is mostly controlled here. Generally your comments aren't taken out of context. generally...

Forums just have a different mentality, especially smaller ones, such as this. It's easier to get to know people and their little quirks and understand at least a little about them as other humans, because we're not inundated with thousands of different usernames at once.

Plus, I'm certainly not taken out of context, at least, I don't feel like it, here. I stopped posting/using reddit because people often take your own words out of context and make glib comments, just so they can "clap back" at someone and show that they're the smartest in the room. I try not to hang out with those types in real life either.

I used reddit before it got big. Before Myspace died. There used to be really interesting posts there... before it went to crap.
I never posted there... was there 11 years but just got bored. It changed a lot in the last 5 years or so... I only go there now if I am looking for answers to questions on Tom's Hardware. I don't know if my user account still exists, I stopped caring years ago.

Forums get less anons and people might be worried about their reputation here... on Twatter/X or any of the others, its just "who can respond with smart alec answers the fastest"

He would have to make his own streaming website unless there's someone other than Twitch and Youtube that I don't know about. If there is, they'd just ban him anyway.

There's no way Dr Disrespect would get kicked off Rumble.

They even told a virtue-signalling British MP to shove off when she tried to get them to cancel Russell Brand.

Odysee is also pretty good for free speech.

Reactions: Brian Boru
No, you're thinking about it out of context—and very eloquently, may I say :)
Thank you. It may be that I was slightly exaggerating my distaste for comic effect. But only very slightly ;)

Hmmm, there's a quest in Planescape: Torment that's going to be trouble for you. You solve it by dying and being reborn.
I don't think of that as actually dying though. I always thought the whole Jesus thing about “dying” in the knowledge you'll be promptly resurrected was a bit of a con too. You're just going on a short round trip at that point, not actually dying. I suppose that's true in all games in a meta sense, but it's not true within the in-game make-believe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts