Introduce yourself here!

Page 19 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I played D&D during junior high through high school, back in the early 80's. I joined the Navy and came back home years later where we just kind of picked up where we left off with my friends that were still around. I of course played Atari and Nintendo, my favorite game of all time was Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. Life got busy with a family, so back to school I went, where I ended up being a PC/LAN technician. I would build computers hookup and fix networks for large companies and of course would program on my little x286 PC with a 20mb hard drive and 640k ram. I then went back to school and became a programmer, doing Cobol, RPG and C programming for many years as well as keeping up with PC building and networking.

At some point, I got back into gaming playing Diablo and such. Once I found Ultima Online, I was hooked, a great game that I totally loved when not busy with work or family. So many nights of lost sleep and days/nights of playing on the weekend. hahaha Well, after a year or so and Ultima Online found that people pretty much constantly play, they made it harder to mine and make GM Armor or Weapons. The casual gamer like myself was left with working hard to do things and not getting much in return, so I stopped playing. I wrote a letter Origin Systems about what they were doing for the casual gamer, making things to hard for those that did not play 24/7. Later I found Dark Age of Camelot a lot of fun, and sometime after that I jumped on the D&D Online bandwagon for a long time. What a great game, especially for those of us that use to play D&D. Eventually though playing D&D Online, you would get a party together to take on a dungeon/or Quest and then half way through it, people leave and you don't have enough power in your party to finish it dying and never moving on past a certain point.

Then of course there was Warcraft II that was a lot of fun, which then eventually led to World of Warcraft which was fantastic for sure. Eventually the same happened with World of Warcraft, you could only get to a certain point and not get any further especially for us Casual Gamers. That is where I left off and now I just play Forza on my Xbox1 from time to time.

Just recently I purchased an iBuyPower gaming PC with RGB from Amazon. (Just a Ryzen 3 3100 w/8gb memory and RX 570 GPU.) I just wanted something to use for work, browsing and maybe casual gaming again. I was tired of using my Laptop for work, which has a small screen and keyboard. Since there is no end in sight right now for working remote because of Covid, I got a nice 32" 60hz monitor with a nice quiet RGB Keyboard and Mouse to go with my new system. I like all the bling for sure with my computer, so first thing was I swapped out the slower one 8gb of memory for a pair of 8gb Corsair 3200 RGB memory. This gave me more bling as well as faster/more memory for playing games. I then found I could easily upgrade my processor for pretty cheap giving me even more bling with the Wraith Prism cooler that comes with the Ryzen 7 3700x, a great upgrade for me. I have also just found the MSI GTX 1660 which has RGB bling for only $239 and it will upgrade me further for excellent 1080p gaming.

Now... I need to find a new game for myself which would be great. I am of course still a very casual gamer being remarried for 6 months now, don't want to leave my wife alone every night in bed for many, many, many hours. haha

Would love to hear your feedback for new games after reading my post.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm Joolez THE "ARTIST". I love gaming and drawing I was finally able to build a decent enough pc at 20 (I'm 21 now) after I got a decent paying job.

I'm very interested in PCs and, upgrading my set up has been my hobby for the past few months my next upgrade is going to be on RAM.

My short term goal is to be able to run cyberpunk 2077 without any issues when it comes out and using Clip Studio Paint and Krita without stutters after the long sessions.

IRL I am an engineer student looking for the chance to drop out to follow my dream of becoming an artist (feel free to PM me if you are curious), and I like to build GUNPLA and their derivatives in my spare time (Muv-Luv models are fire),

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone and welcome to the PC Gamer Community!

Introduce yourself: We'd love to hear a bit about you below. Thanks so much for joining our community and helping it to grow into something truly incredible! If you have thoughts, suggestions and ideas please head over to this feedback section and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Get involved: Notice those trophy points next to my name and in the top right of your settings? You can earn trophies for being a great contributor, having good discourse and of course, getting likes. (What would the PC Gamer forums be without a bit of gamification to reward our good users ey?) If you want some quick links to threads full of ways to contribute, here are some of our favourites:

What was the first video game you remember playing?
What RPG Characters have you Dated/Had Relationships With?
RPG Red Carpet Megathread - Show off your ingame passion for fashion!
Show us your setup!

So there you have it, tons to do. As you read the forum rules, create accounts, choose avatars and get ready to post, remember you’re building this with us.

Engage!
Stevie💡🎯
Hi!
almost finished setting my new machine! I've been playing games since Doom (DOS!) Had a break of a few years but I've bought a new beast computer and have still got the CDs of my old games plus a 10 year old version of Doom 3 that I never installed. I'm BACK!!!

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Hello PCG community,

I'm Albert, and I too like games. I've been enjoying them as a way to "get together" with friends, though I also come back to Dota 2 over and over, and couldn't get it to stick with them. Over time I've also been looking for those shorter, no-filler single player experiences, and with fatherhood on the horizon or closer, I expect that will only continue. Favs include The Witness, Inside, and The Swapper.

Outside of games, I'm a high school teacher, sci-fi fan, MtG player, and casual cyclist.

Reactions: Frindis and SWard
Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone my name is Alex i joined here because i am a noob to games i like games a lot but i can only just play pong and that was 39 years ago i live with my partner who is a big gamer and is helping me learn about how to play games at the moment i am playing Diablo 3 with a key board and mouse , i have cordination issues because of a head injury i cant play very many game pad games yet but been playing Diablo nearly every night with my partner he plays a lot of games and he finds it helpful when he not feeling great and i hope its will be helpful for me too i have so much time on my hands and the more i play the better i become Anyway thanks for reading and am hoping to post here a lot

Sep 5, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone, just got started here in the forums and just wanted to say a quick hi.
I'm an aspiring pc owner who currently plays on console. Right now I'm finishing up Dark Souls 3. Any advice to git gud for pvp is greatly appreciated.

Sep 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi there.

I like PC gaming, so this figured to be a good place to stop by, given that I've used this site as a one stop for so many of my gaming needs over the years; time to join the community, it would seem. Look forward to getting to know some of y'all.

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi fellow pc gamers, names hyderz nice to meet you.
My gaming days are dwindling and i joined pc gamer to keep track whats new.
Just at the stage in life where i dont have much time anymore and buying expensive gear would be a waste.

Thinking of selling my high end rig because even though i get an hour or two to play i feel it isnt fun anymore.

Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am Siren and I am a Twitch variety streamer from England. I am chronically ill and unable to work so streaming is my only job.

I play lots of different games and enjoy switching what I play with new games, plus revisiting older games. I play on a PC with a controller due to chronic pain and have a love for many different types of games such as RPG, FPS, Simulation and much more.

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi Guys. Casual Gamer Here.

Love playing Battle Royale, RPG, and FPS Games,

I'm currently playing - "Super Mecha Champions - PC"
If you love mechas / robots - you beter check this game as we need more people playing in PC.

Add me up: IGN - Mhepz
MhepzPlayz

Reactions: nanogank
Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I'm MOHBADI

This is my first post here i hope i'll get a nice welcome.

I have a lot of inrest at games i've been playing sins i was 4 started with winning eleven in ps1 and pepsi man and crash badicot and CTR and a lot of good games .

And now i'm playin some call of duty and forza and some fifa i'm not playing like i used to with this pendimic i lost all my freedom til this month i'am a nurse by the way i hope i'll find the helm i need and be helpfull as much as i can.

Thank you for seporting me at my page and my channels

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nanogank
Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
Hey y'all!

Hopped in here for Everspace but this forum actually seems pretty cool. I used to be a gaming nomad with no pc of my own untill I got a laptop recently smh. I play most genres and usually get pretty interested in Indies. Just started Witcher 3 cuz I finally can and that's probably the most hours I've put in on a single player game till now lmao.

That's about it.
Cheers!

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
My name is Yani, I live in Ukraine. I want to become a blogger and write about different games. So far, there was not enough determination to take this step. There are many interesting posts on this portal and I hope to gain experience by reading these reviews and opinions. I used to always think that games were for those without a job. And only much later she changed her mind. For the last 7 years, I myself have played in various, more often projects. GWT, WOT, Blitz. Tried playing Borderlands 3. Recently got into fighting on the planet Mars in ExoTanks on Steam. Perhaps in the future this will be the first game that I will write about on my blog.

Sep 28, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone and welcome to the PC Gamer Community!

Introduce yourself: We'd love to hear a bit about you below. Thanks so much for joining our community and helping it to grow into something truly incredible! If you have thoughts, suggestions and ideas please head over to this feedback section and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Get involved: Notice those trophy points next to my name and in the top right of your settings? You can earn trophies for being a great contributor, having good discourse and of course, getting likes. (What would the PC Gamer forums be without a bit of gamification to reward our good users ey?) If you want some quick links to threads full of ways to contribute, here are some of our favourites:

What was the first video game you remember playing?
What RPG Characters have you Dated/Had Relationships With?
RPG Red Carpet Megathread - Show off your ingame passion for fashion!
Show us your setup!

So there you have it, tons to do. As you read the forum rules, create accounts, choose avatars and get ready to post, remember you’re building this with us.

Engage!
Stevie💡🎯
Right now i love Crusader Kings III and Dead Cells. Also Hollow Knight. Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game for this year!
Cheers
Chris

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello my screen name is RMGOtaku

I am a post grad film student, specializing in screenwriting, with a deep love of video games. I view video games as forms of art and an innovative form of storytelling. Playing video games has also led me down the path of aspiring to be a writer. I am especially inspired by and love RPG games. I also enjoy grand-scale open world games, anything fun and of course any game with a brilliant story. My favorite games include The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Mass Effect Trilogy, Persona 5, The Last of Us and its sequel The Last of Us: Part 2. I am also a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons and view it as not only a fun tabletop RPG but also a wonderful tool for telling deep stories. I love being part of the friendly pcgamer community and look forward to connecting with you all and sharing in our love of pc's and video games.

TRENDING THREADS